brand new from the iphone

snowman555

Reaction score
So last night i got my first droid phone, switching over from the iphone 4.
Had some questions because im pretty displeased about how unresponsive the touch screen can get sometimes. For instance when i text and try to type fast it will stay on keys that i pressed and typing a sentence like "hey hows it going" will turn to "hyho w its oing" or have the characters/numbers you get when you hold down the keys.

Is this a common problem that the screen freezes?

Edit- this might only happen when its charging, i just unplugged it and it seems better but i think it does happen unplugged.

Raifo

Reaction score
My phone seems to be very responsive, and quick. Download the "advanced task killer" and run it, see if that doesn't help. It shouldn't NEED it, but if that doesn't help, see how the customer service works!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Don't download the task killer. Its a waste of processor and battery since the phone already does it via the Android OS. Plus the Dinc2 has a ton of free RAM. I for one don't like the HTC keyboard and downloaded the "keyboard from gingerbread" via market. If you would like help with the install let me know and I'll post directions for you. This new keyboard is significantly easier and faster to use. Just fyi, give the battery a couple days of charging and discharging before you get mad about the battery life. Congrats on the Dinc2 and enjoy!

This post is Incredible 2

Raifo

Reaction score
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't aware that it already did that. Is that a feature that works automatically, or manually?

estafusisx

Reaction score
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't aware that it already did that. Is that a feature that works automatically, or manually?

Automatic. And not only is it automatic but it's much better and more efficient than any app. Task killers are the biggest virus in all of android, and most people don't even know it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

There's been a lot of discussion over task killers. The system frees up memory by itself when an app is not in use.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
As they said above its automatic. I play angry birds a lot. I'll get a text message while playing. I can hit home, open the text and reply, hit home again then open angry birds and the game is paused. If I don't go back to it the OS shuts it down (kills it) as I start to use other apps or the phone for a call. It does this to keep recently used apps available for quick starting. Kinda like minimizing a program on your computer then coming back to it later. You don't have to wait for it to reload.

This post is Incredible 2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think my sig has a link in it still explaining why task killers are not good. I also use the stock Google gingerbread keyboard over the sense one, seems to work better. The Incredible 2 shouldn't be freezing at all. Make sure there isn't a rouge third party app causing a problem.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Raifo

Reaction score
Wow, I was redundant in two posts in a row. I shouldn't be so redundant in two posts in a row..... Thanks for the advice. Sorry about the thread derailment....