Brand new DNA - Need help with ringtones plz!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Just picked up a DNA today! (Goodbye Bionic!)
I need to know where to move the ringtone I use for my notifications?

I have tried putting it into several different folders and no matter where I put it, it does not show up on the list.

Plz help!

FYI, it's an MP3 file that has worked on all my previous Droids (D1, DX and Bionic)

mpd4730

Reaction score
I put my music and ringtonesin the music folder. They were all there when I went to find them and put them as ringtone.

indee2025

Reaction score
Use zedge!

Use Zedge for downloading ringtones and notifications. It is free, it's an app on the Market and it enables you to use notifications as ringtones (example droid will sound like Droid....Droid...Droid...Droid...when someone calls) or you can set ringtones as notification sounds if you work someplace where you need more than 2 seconds of sound to alert you to an incoming notification. The best part about Zedge is that anything you download is all in one place (Sounds>ringtone or Sounds>notification sound). No more sending to file folders. You're welcome in advance. Zedge has everything. Disclaimer: I don't work for Zedge but I've been using it for years and it's the best out there.

miles long

Reaction score
Just picked up a DNA today! (Goodbye Bionic!)
I need to know where to move the ringtone I use for my notifications?

I have tried putting it into several different folders and no matter where I put it, it does not show up on the list.

Plz help!

FYI, it's an MP3 file that has worked on all my previous Droids (D1, DX and Bionic)

I use Linux ..... Plug phone into computer one of the media players will open Banshee or Brassero...scroll down list to open File or Folder ...... All DNA folders will be visible drag your ringtone into ringtone folder / can also view and work with photos
Do not have Windows machine so I cant speak for HTC app..
PS Skifta DLNA app works for file/ pics on Playstation can view pics on big screen..
You can view pics and files from Netgear router's USB "drive".. on your phone