Brand New Archos 50 Helium Plus Won't Charge

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by LITCoulter, Jan 6, 2016.

1. LITCoulter

LITCoulter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Archos 50 Helium Plus
    So I bought this phone less than 2 weeks ago and it's been working relatively fine. The only thing I noticed was that it would lose battery percentage even if I just put it in my pocket and didn't use it. Last night, I forgot to charge it and so I quickly charged it in the morning to about 35%, then left. I got home a few hours later and tried to charge it, but it just stays on the low battery screen (battery with red line at the bottom and yellow lightning bolt in the middle). I've tried several different chargers, I've used wall outlets and computer ports and it simply won't charge. I noticed two other things that may be of help: When I connect a device to my computer, it makes a sound when the device is connected and a slightly different sound when the device is disconnected. When I connect the phone to my computer, I hear the connect sound and then shortly after (roughly 15 seconds), I hear the disconnect sound. Also, and I'm not sure this is of any importance, when I leave it plugged in, even though it doesn't charge, the device gets hot. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the matter. I don't wanna buy a new phone 2 WEEKS after getting this one.

2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,437
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with that phone. Does it have a removable battery? It sounds like either the battery or the charging port might be bad.

What's the longest amount of time you've left it plugged in?

When you say it gets hot when you leave it plugged in, how hot? Hotter than when you would charge it before this issue? So hot you can't touch it?

These details may help us to better figure out the problem.

3. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Try holding the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute. It sometimes will force the phone to boot.

Sounds like a bad device though. Can't return it?

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

archos helium wont charge