Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
just powercycle the device and also what istus recommended

Istus

Reaction score
Alternatively, I did find another way to do this. Just open the default messaging app and view an SMS message. You'll get that screen you are looking for. You may need to power cycle as cereal killer mentioned afterwards. This is more of a different approach to clearing the defaults.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I got it working again...and I'm familiar with how to select...I just forgot how to "un select"...hence the brain cramp. Comes with the territory when you reach my age...heh heh..and it's coming boys, it's comin...

I am an old BB Storm 1 user. I had that phone set up so that I never had to do all the battery pulls or constantly turn it on and off. (power cycling)Call me a bit stubborn but if I can achieve that level of functionality with THAT phone then I damn well better be able to do it with this one...so far so good.

I don't know why the SMS system stopped. I think it may have been that the phone was receiving a lengthy text from my wife at the moment I was testing (if thats possible)...but it does work now...so once again, Thanks for the input...you guys rock...:icon_ devil: