Bragging about Low battery life on MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have no idea whether FoxKat is right or not but the logic of his claims and the fact that he spends as much time as he does educating the rest of us in the arcane details of battery management is good enough for me. :biggrin:

LOL!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence (I think...;)).

The first part is all too obvious. Think about it like a glass of water. If you filled it to 100%, and then took the tiniest sip from it, it's now no longer 100%, but some fraction less, whether it's 99.999%, or 99.1%, or 98.9%, it is definitely no longer 100%. So the phone begins "sipping" power from the reservoir of battery power the moment the charger is disconnected.

The second part is represented in this image below, which details the charging process in 4 stages...

Stage 1, Voltage rises at constant current
Stage 2, Voltage peaks, current decreases
Stage 3, Charge terminates (this is the moment it is at 100%, but only until it starts losing power again)
Stage 4, Occasional topping charge (this starts at 90% and ends again at 100%)

ion1.jpg

It's stage 4, the occasional topping charge that shows the charge level dropping from 100% to about 90% after stage 3 ends, and when the level reaches 90%, stage 4 kicks and tops off the charge back to 100%, then the whole process resumes. So after reaching 100% and stage 3, there can be multiple stage 4 episodes before you finally remove it from charge for use. If you happen to remove it before it has reached 100% again, you will leave with less than a full charge. This is often described by people who complain that their phone was on charge "all night" but when they removed it from charge, it dropped to 90% only a very short time afterwards (such as 10 minutes later).

rbess1965

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx yesterday. Activating it tonight. Looks like only one or two people are having poor battery life issue so your definately in the minority. Hope I get a good one. Phones under warranty, I'd ask VZW for a new battery.

OP
D

DocsDad

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx yesterday. Activating it tonight. Looks like only one or two people are having poor battery life issue so your definately in the minority. Hope I get a good one. Phones under warranty, I'd ask VZW for a new battery.

You'll love it. Modest usage day for me but I am 11 hours off charge... in 4G area, display on 2 1/2 hours, surfing, gaming, texting etc. I have 68% battery left. Yep, other extended batteries do the same. But they ain't as purdy as this one... imho

Enjoy

kgren27546

Reaction score
Today was my first day after initial full charge and I got 14 and a half hours on the charge and still had 30 percent left. I am extremely happy with this and I used the phone alot today.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bryannh

Reaction score
im going on hour 15 at 60% on my first day of owning. im literally blown away at this battery (coming from a galaxy nexus)

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Yeah I'm coming from a RAZR and this battery life is awesome stayed on 4g did moderate use just went 27 hrs and plugged it in at 20% I'm honestly amazed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
yeah the battery life is great. I am trying to figure out a way switch my phone to 3G while the screen is off and turn back 4G when screen turns on. Cant find it in the smart actions. it would be nice if a developer can make it part of a rom

Section_10

Reaction score
My problem with the Razr Maxx wasn't how long it lasted with heavy usage. It was how little it lasted with little usage.

There was no such thing as 'standby', something was constantly running on the phone, either it didn't sleep properly or there's a general software glitch, excessive bloatware..etc.
Wasn't for me, Either they fix it or i'll wait for another phone. Batteries twice the mah as my iPhone should last longer not significantly less. I don't care if its comparing Apple OS to Android. It should last.