BP Pass Through

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tanknspank, May 26, 2010.

1. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what this is, and since my flashing of the .sbf is hanging up here (on both 2.0 and 2.0.1), what I can do to get passed it? I put this out here because I'm pretty sure none of the other rescue squad members are to familiar with RSD, and am wondering if anyone else might now.

Just trying to figure out a way passed this.

2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,598
    try flashing 2.1 recovery. Yesterday i kept getting an error. so I just reloaded a different sbf file.

By the christim knows sbf pretty well.

3. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried that before, and it does seem to work for awhile. But then when I try to activate, it reboots the phone. Either that or I don't have no service and it says I'm not on a registered network. going to go eat. be back later. It's rebooting now so I'll see if it sticks this time...

Lmao by the time I was done typing that it rebooted right in to bootloader after reaching the green little droid...

4. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    No one has an idea at what this could be?

5. pc747

Ratings:
    +1,598
    No idea. I say wipe your sdcard and take it to vzw. Tell them you phone will not come on...and that is the truth.

6. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now, when I turn it on, it gets to the M logo and reboots. So, they would prob flash the sbf anyway. Gonna make backups of my rooted files (nandroids, etc.) and go see if theirs anything they can do.

EDIT: Will have to wait for my mom to find the sd card reader. :p

Dad said we will just take it tomorrow. He knows I am what I am on here, and was surprised when I even had no idea to fix it and wanted to take it to VZW.

I'm so stumped...

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  7. pc747

Ratings:
    +1,598
    i keep forgetting about your age...that is what sort of dropped me back for a moment when you said waiting for mom and dad. Good luck.

8. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea. Though I'll be 16 in 11 days and last I heard my parents are planning on some sort of car for my birthday, so I won't have to depend on them so much after that.

9. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Sometimes while working on something we become so convinced it is a certain problem. We troubleshoot and make 3 changes at once and one might have fixed the first issue while the next introduces a new problem. Before long we aren't sure which end is up anymore.

I had a stock phone that had never been rooted and it went into an odd boot cycle thing. Your issue may be hardware related and not due to rooting, un-rooting, or installing a market app at all.

If you've gone back to stock and the issue persists then bringing it into Verizon is the correct path to take. SBF to 2.01 followed by OTA to 2.1 and then there isn't much else we can do ourselves.

and...I'm racking my brain. What is a BP Pass through? an error, an event? I Google for it and just get oil gusher pages:)

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea. We were going to go today, or so I thought... Now my parents want to go back to VA, where we used to live, and visit the family and new born baby who was born today. Fine by me though. It's just gonna be boring with no internet...

I also was thinking that when I do go back, I can talk verizon into letting me use one of the upgrades we would get in july early and just get an incredible. I have heard of people who have gotten upgrades ahead of schedule just by asking. I was thinking maybe they would let me use it now since I had a big problem.

But yes, my phone is stock and I can't do anything else to it. I've tried every trick I know, and not a single thing has worked. It's ok though. I may get an incredible out of this. :D

Edit: Woops. Just remembered about the shortage of Incredibles. Nvm. :p

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  11. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

So, the whole way there, from the highway did you keep pointing out the Verizon stores? "Hey, there's a Verizon store", "hey, there's another one", "oh look, Verizon, wonder what the inside of that one looks like" "hmm, Verizon, wonder if they have spare droids in there". Could have even left a little map on the front seat to all the stores between your house and your relatives :)

BP Pass Through? Still stumped. Error message, shortcut for something?

Search tags for this page

b p pass

b.p pass
b.p.pass

bp pass thru

droid what is bp mode
get out of usb bp pass through mode
what do i use usb bp pass through mode for
what is bp passthrough on phone