Boycott D3 (tired of bloatware)

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I want the Droid 3 to replace my Droid 1 so badly I can taste it.

HOWEVER, I put up with enough controlling, power-hungry, selfish entities in this world and I am not about to subjugate myself again--at least not this time. ENOUGH OF THIS UNINSTALLABLE BLOATWARE!!!

I am going to contact the corporations involved to air my grievances.

We have a drama queen in our presence! Get over your self, seriously.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

First of all, "yourself" is one word. You should've learned that in 2nd grade.

Secondly, it's all about me, huh? Well how about you, then? You're complacent. I'd rather seem "dramatic" when taking action over something I care about than to sit idly by and direct half-assed insults at people. Wake up!

To everyone else, if you wanna complain to Verizon/Mot/Goog then go for it. It took me 2 minutes to fill out the form.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I wouldnt mind them advertising by putting the bloat crap on the phones so much if you could uninstall it..

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I want the Droid 3 to replace my Droid 1 so badly I can taste it.

HOWEVER, I put up with enough controlling, power-hungry, selfish entities in this world and I am not about to subjugate myself again--at least not this time. ENOUGH OF THIS UNINSTALLABLE BLOATWARE!!!

I am going to contact the corporations involved to air my grievances.

We have a drama queen in our presence! Get over your self, seriously.

First of all, "yourself" is one word. You should've learned that in 2nd grade.

Secondly, it's all about me, huh? Well how about you, then? You're complacent. I'd rather seem "dramatic" when taking action over something I care about than to sit idly by and direct half-assed insults at people. Wake up!

To everyone else, if you wanna complain to Verizon/Mot/Goog then go for it. It took me 2 minutes to fill out the form.

What brand of foil do you use?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stay on topic, any more back and forth and I will close the thread.

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I just contacted Motorola via chat. It was actually fun. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Let's give it a try. Even iPhone is bloatware free. Here's the link to chat:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Our illustrious mod has engaged in this:

chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Hi, my name is Ceasar. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: first can i get a copy of this emailed to me
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: after we are done
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: I had the iphone 3gs and switched to the original droid 1 on release date. I now have a droid 2 and look forward to the bionic but there is an issue that troubles me
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Why do motorola insist on putting preloaded apps on the newer droids that we can not delete
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: Like what type of apps?
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: the droid 2, droid x, droid pro, and droid x comes loaded with kindle, blockbuster, need for speed, and other apps that are on trial base and I can not delete them.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: We as the customer would like the option to remove those apps. Android o.s, unlike apple, is an open system which allow the user to choose what they want on their phone. If you guys load up our phonw with apps we can not delete then you are just being apple jr.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Oh and verizon is allowing apple to release their iphone with out the preloaded apps. And last I checked it cost the same for the iphone as the droids so please can you guys not put preloaded apps on the future android devices like the droid bionic.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department, pc747.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: I assure you, this will certainly be passed on.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: Thank you, I like the droid products but all we ask as a customer base is allow us to dictate what we want, if you gonna preload them the allow us to delete it after 15 days or so.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: That is all I have can i get a copy of this emailed to me, thanks
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: and thanks for your time
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: I fully understand your concern.
chat_enduser_message.png
pc747: That is all I have for you today, thank you sir
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: You're welcome.
chat_agent.png
Ceasar: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
chat_alert.png
Ceasar has disconnected.

iamloco724

Reaction score
all thse phones do it so right now just gotta deal with it..hopefully root will come soon for this so it can be removed..ive done it with my droid 1 and 2 now just gotta have patience for root for 3

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
all thse phones do it so right now just gotta deal with it..hopefully root will come soon for this so it can be removed..ive done it with my droid 1 and 2 now just gotta have patience for root for 3

I shudder to think what the world would be like if we were all so complacent...probably all be speaking German.
NOTE: iPhone does not ship with bloatware and Sprint allows bloatware removal on Androids.

For anyone else that wants to spend 5 minutes to give these corporations a piece of your mind:

Contact Verizon...you can do it anonymously by giving fake info
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

Contact Motorola...you can do it anonymously by giving fake info

Google issue...requires Google account login: just select the star to vote
Issue 15726 - android - Discard the ability to have "uninstallable" bloatware applications - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

iamloco724

Reaction score

I shudder to think what the world would be like if we were all so complacent...probably all be speaking German.
NOTE: iPhone does not ship with bloatware and Sprint allows bloatware removal on Androids.

For anyone else that wants to spend 5 minutes to give these corporations a piece of your mind:

Contact Verizon...you can do it anonymously by giving fake info
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

Contact Motorola...you can do it anonymously by giving fake info

Google issue...requires Google account login: just select the star to vote
Issue 15726 - android - Discard the ability to have "uninstallable" bloatware applications - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

not really complacent just saying a good portion of them do.and im on your side i will email them..im just saying im not goign to let it stop me from buying an otherwise good phone..

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Actually if big red were a bit more customer oriented regarding this, they would allow us to select the apps/software available when ordering our phones so we're not stuck with any we don't use/like. Unfortunately, the majority of people are sheep and don't know or care about the issue to make big red or any other company offer it, but when someone does that, they will attract a lot of customers.

blackbelt27

Reaction score
this was pretty awesome

Rez: Hi, my name is Rez. How may I help you?
Landon Miles: have you had a chance to play with a droid 3?
Rez: Yes, I did.
Landon Miles: im sure you noticed the abundance of apps you'll never use that came pre installed correct?
Rez: That is right.
Landon Miles: how do i uninstall them?
Rez: I apologize all preloaded applications are not removable.
Landon Miles: why not?
Rez: It comes with the design of the phone.
Rez: Would there be anything else?
Landon Miles: thats like buying a car and having a pineapple air freshener permanently on the rearview mirror, wood beads on the seat, and the radio stuck on the hispanic station
Landon Miles: if i buy myself a phone, i want it to be MY phone
Rez: I apologize but thank you for bringing that to our attention. I can send this suggestion to our Motorola Team Developer for review.
Landon Miles: when should i expect an update to remove the crap-ware?
Rez: We don't have any information yes because we are going to take some reviews on this.
Rez: I mean yet.
Landon Miles: are you really gonna review it? or is that just what you are supposed to say? come on, i know you gotta know a few guys there, what to they say about all this?
Rez: If there is an option to that I could have given you the instructions how to.
Landon Miles: that didnt make any sense, where are you from?
Rez: Philippines but we supporting Motorola globally.
Landon Miles: ah outsourcing, and god i love Filipino eggrolls
Rez: Thanks. Would there be anything else about I can help you with about the Droid 3?
Landon Miles: how will i know the latest on this issue?
Rez: Please visit our website at
chat_hyperlink.png
http://www.motorola.com for updates or you can register your phone online to know the latest updates.
Landon Miles: thankyou that'll be all rez, i enjoyed our chat
Rez: Sure.
Rez: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Rez has disconnected.

falseprofits

Reaction score
Haha wow that was pretty funny.

My 2¢ - root it and then make it yours.

Kinda sad that you have to root to clean up their crap, but whatever. I'm already am and will always be rooted. I wont buy a phone if I can't have root.

Sent from Eugene. Yes, my phone has a name.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Rez: Hi, my name is Rez. How may I help you?
Landon Miles: have you had a chance to play with a droid 3?
Rez: Yes, I did.
Landon Miles: im sure you noticed the abundance of apps you'll never use that came pre installed correct?
Rez: That is right.
Landon Miles: how do i uninstall them?
Rez: I apologize all preloaded applications are not removable.
Landon Miles: why not?
Rez: It comes with the design of the phone.
Landon Miles: thats like buying a car and having a pineapple air freshener permanently on the rearview mirror, wood beads on the seat, and the radio stuck on the hispanic station
Landon Miles: if i buy myself a phone, i want it to be MY phone
Rez: I apologize but thank you for bringing that to our attention. I can send this suggestion to our Motorola Team Developer for review.
Landon Miles: when should i expect an update to remove the crap-ware?
Rez: We don't have any information yes because we are going to take some reviews on this.
Rez: I mean yet.
Landon Miles: are you really gonna review it? or is that just what you are supposed to say? come on, i know you gotta know a few guys there, what to they say about all this?
Rez: If there is an option to that I could have given you the instructions how to.
Landon Miles: that didnt make any sense, where are you from?
Rez: Philippines but we supporting Motorola globally.
Landon Miles: ah outsourcing, and god i love Filipino eggrolls
Rez: Thanks. Would there be anything else about I can help you with about the Droid 3?
Landon Miles: how will i know the latest on this issue?
Rez: Please visit our website at
chat_hyperlink.png
http://www.motorola.com for updates or you can register your phone online to know the latest updates.
Landon Miles: thankyou that'll be all rez, i enjoyed our chat
Rez: Sure.
Rez: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Rez has disconnected.

Actually it sounded like someone giving another person who's working a hard time. If you don't want the bloatware, hide it using the Home Launcher of your choice. I really see no reason this is even a thread.