Boycott D3 (tired of bloatware)

justbob

Reaction score
The OG Droid was definitely not bloatware free. It had all that Vzxxxx crap on it too.

I don't remember but I thought the og droid was bloat free? And it did tremendously well... Maybe an optional menu when we boot up or phones would be a better choice...then we'd bring it down from their servers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wuwtk

Reaction score
I don't remember but I thought the og droid was bloat free? And it did tremendously well... Maybe an optional menu when we boot up or phones would be a better choice...then we'd bring it down from their servers

The og droid had bloatware but very minimal, I vaguely remember an amazon mp3 software and a couple of other things.

comk4ver

Reaction score
That was after froyo though it didn't come built in it became stock afterwards

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Oh, there is definitely a money component to this. The business model is evident in the PC industry.

No doubt, but I'm not buying that it's enough money that it's a game-ender. They could let us remove that bloatware, but they're greedy and tyrannical. I want them to hear that I am not buying their Droid 3 because of this issue.

I'm not going to let them walk all over me.

Big D

Reaction score
Back when D1 came out, there weren't anywhere near the apps we have now. And Verizon has put out a ton since then.

They were there, of course, but I think the current amount of bloat is directly commensurate with the amount of apps available. This stuff was totally new in the D1 days.

Verizon is in bed with the bloat. And you better believe they charge them to have it uninstallable on their equipment.

Immolate

Reaction score
The curse of the technophile is that we know so much about our tech, but have little direct influence over its fate.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Agree if i want go to meeting and put put golf ill download it dammit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I want the Droid 3 to replace my Droid 1 so badly I can taste it.

HOWEVER, I put up with enough controlling, power-hungry, selfish entities in this world and I am not about to subjugate myself again--at least not this time. ENOUGH OF THIS UNINSTALLABLE BLOATWARE!!!

I am going to contact the corporations involved to air my grievances.

We have a drama queen in our presence! Get over your self, seriously.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Two snaps up in a circle!!!

*customized tapatalk signature*