Boycott D3 (tired of bloatware)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by NoBloatware, Jul 11, 2011.

1. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

I want the Droid 3 to replace my Droid 1 so badly I can taste it.

HOWEVER, I put up with enough controlling, power-hungry, selfish entities in this world and I am not about to subjugate myself again--at least not this time. ENOUGH OF THIS UNINSTALLABLE BLOATWARE!!!

I am going to contact the corporations involved to air my grievances.
  2. kanundrum

kanundrum New Member

ok ?

Just wait for root.
  3. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Haha I know right! There's so much bloat on my moms DX2 It uses up 4 gigs of the 8 gig sd card!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

It's the principle of the matter. These corporations want to force-feed us a load of crap. I don't want another drop from these people.

Look, if/when root comes will I cave in? Maybe, but for now I am complaining to VZ, Moto, and Google.
  5. kanundrum

kanundrum New Member

Won't do any good. Marketing & Money is why these phones have bloatware.

Same goes with any laptop that has Norton Trials etc. It goes to the Highest bidder.

If you want a bloatware free phone then Im sure the cost would go up considerably.

Its like have a F1 Racing team with no sponsors. Everyone has to have deeper pockets to keep the show running. Sponsors make it possible.
  6. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

The difference is I can uninstall bloatware on a new PC or I can install an entirely new OS.

I seriously doubt that VZ Navigator and quite a bit of that other junk is seriously adding to the bottom line. All the same, I am tired of this BS and I'll be complaining. It may have zero effect, but I have to do it. I'm fed up.
  7. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

I definitely understand your frustration, randomahole (lol @ that name). I'm coming from a D1, and I'm dreading the bloatware that the Bionic will have on it so much that I'm hoping the Nexus Prime truly is coming to Verizon just in case I want to sell the Bionic in a few months.

Having said that, it's just not realistic that they will stop putting bloatware on the phones. What we need to do is talk the carriers into allowing us to uninstall the stuff we don't want. Sprint has done this with the Evo3D apparently.

PCs come with tons of bloatware but you can uninstall the stuff. If I could uninstall the bloatware, they could put 300 apps on there I don't want and I wouldn't mind. I just want the ability to remove all bloat and Motoblur crap that I don't want. So we need these bootloaders unlocked so that we can easily take care of this stuff ourselves within the community, without worrying about bricking our phones.

Brandon
  8. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I can hear it now: Hey, some randomahole is on the phone po'd about bloatware!
  9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron New Member

All they have to do is stop making them system apps, then we wouldn't even need root to uninstall them.

I too, am dreading the bloat on the bionic.

*customized tapatalk signature*
  10. codye91

codye91 New Member

It's all funding. I know you all know this, but without the bloatware, we have no phones.
  11. John.Edwards

John.Edwards New Member

It would be nice if there was at least some sort of "disable" mode. Taking up storage is one thing, but to have crapware running in active memory is something different entirely.

Maybe this would be enough to satisfy the bloat providers/
  12. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

We would still have phones(Saying we wont is stupid) they would just be more expensive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  13. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

With all due respect, I do not buy the money argument. Isn't Sprint allowing bloatware uninstall?

Sprint wants to kill bloatware forever, and we love them for it – Android and Me

And how much money could they really be making off of that crapware? Much of it branded as belonging to VZ... $20 a phone? Some of it basically a trap to sign you up for more VZ services... $30 a phone? All of it about CONTROL over people too COMPLACENT to call or email... $50/phone? I'll pay it!!!

HI, VZ/Mot/Goog, I just bought your Droid 3. some guy on the internet is saying we should all send back our phones if you don't allow uninstall of bloatware. Will you do this?
  14. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

I don't remember but I thought the og droid was bloat free? And it did tremendously well... Maybe an optional menu when we boot up or phones would be a better choice...then we'd bring it down from their servers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  15. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

Oh, there is definitely a money component to this. The business model is evident in the PC industry.

Bottom line is we get cheaper products because PC/phone vendors sign contracts with companies like Blockbuster or whoever to put software on the PC/phones before they ship. I don't know how much money it is per phone, but that's why they do it. What other incentive would they have to do it? It takes them time to put it on there. Blockbuster pays a certain amount, and sometimes the vendors lower the price of the product a little so that they sell it to us cheaper and still make a profit off the contract.

And the OG D1 was bloat free because it was a pure Google phone for the most part.

Brandon
  16. justbob

justbob New Member

The OG Droid was definitely not bloatware free. It had all that Vzxxxx crap on it too.

17. wuwtk

wuwtk New Member

The og droid had bloatware but very minimal, I vaguely remember an amazon mp3 software and a couple of other things.
  18. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

That was after froyo though it didn't come built in it became stock afterwards

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  19. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

No doubt, but I'm not buying that it's enough money that it's a game-ender. They could let us remove that bloatware, but they're greedy and tyrannical. I want them to hear that I am not buying their Droid 3 because of this issue.

I'm not going to let them walk all over me.
  20. Big D

Big D New Member

Back when D1 came out, there weren't anywhere near the apps we have now. And Verizon has put out a ton since then.

They were there, of course, but I think the current amount of bloat is directly commensurate with the amount of apps available. This stuff was totally new in the D1 days.

Verizon is in bed with the bloat. And you better believe they charge them to have it uninstallable on their equipment.
Search tags for this page

boycott samsung bloatware

tired of samsung bloatware