Boycott D3 (tired of bloatware)

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I want the Droid 3 to replace my Droid 1 so badly I can taste it.

HOWEVER, I put up with enough controlling, power-hungry, selfish entities in this world and I am not about to subjugate myself again--at least not this time. ENOUGH OF THIS UNINSTALLABLE BLOATWARE!!!

I am going to contact the corporations involved to air my grievances.

Insidious

Reaction score
Haha I know right! There's so much bloat on my moms DX2 It uses up 4 gigs of the 8 gig sd card!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
ok ?

Just wait for root.

It's the principle of the matter. These corporations want to force-feed us a load of crap. I don't want another drop from these people.

Look, if/when root comes will I cave in? Maybe, but for now I am complaining to VZ, Moto, and Google.

kanundrum

Reaction score
ok ?

Just wait for root.

It's the principle of the matter. These corporations want to force-feed us a load of crap. I don't want another drop from these people.

Look, if/when root comes will I cave in? Maybe, but for now I am complaining to VZ, Moto, and Google.

Won't do any good. Marketing & Money is why these phones have bloatware.

Same goes with any laptop that has Norton Trials etc. It goes to the Highest bidder.

If you want a bloatware free phone then Im sure the cost would go up considerably.

Its like have a F1 Racing team with no sponsors. Everyone has to have deeper pockets to keep the show running. Sponsors make it possible.

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The difference is I can uninstall bloatware on a new PC or I can install an entirely new OS.

I seriously doubt that VZ Navigator and quite a bit of that other junk is seriously adding to the bottom line. All the same, I am tired of this BS and I'll be complaining. It may have zero effect, but I have to do it. I'm fed up.

bplewis24

Reaction score
I definitely understand your frustration, randomahole (lol @ that name). I'm coming from a D1, and I'm dreading the bloatware that the Bionic will have on it so much that I'm hoping the Nexus Prime truly is coming to Verizon just in case I want to sell the Bionic in a few months.

Having said that, it's just not realistic that they will stop putting bloatware on the phones. What we need to do is talk the carriers into allowing us to uninstall the stuff we don't want. Sprint has done this with the Evo3D apparently.

PCs come with tons of bloatware but you can uninstall the stuff. If I could uninstall the bloatware, they could put 300 apps on there I don't want and I wouldn't mind. I just want the ability to remove all bloat and Motoblur crap that I don't want. So we need these bootloaders unlocked so that we can easily take care of this stuff ourselves within the community, without worrying about bricking our phones.

Brandon

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I can hear it now: Hey, some randomahole is on the phone po'd about bloatware!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
All they have to do is stop making them system apps, then we wouldn't even need root to uninstall them.

I too, am dreading the bloat on the bionic.

*customized tapatalk signature*

codye91

Reaction score
It's all funding. I know you all know this, but without the bloatware, we have no phones.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was at least some sort of "disable" mode. Taking up storage is one thing, but to have crapware running in active memory is something different entirely.

Maybe this would be enough to satisfy the bloat providers/

gthotie5

Reaction score
We would still have phones(Saying we wont is stupid) they would just be more expensive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
NoBloatware

NoBloatware

Reaction score
With all due respect, I do not buy the money argument. Isn't Sprint allowing bloatware uninstall?

Sprint wants to kill bloatware forever, and we love them for it – Android and Me

And how much money could they really be making off of that crapware? Much of it branded as belonging to VZ... $20 a phone? Some of it basically a trap to sign you up for more VZ services... $30 a phone? All of it about CONTROL over people too COMPLACENT to call or email... $50/phone? I'll pay it!!!

HI, VZ/Mot/Goog, I just bought your Droid 3. some guy on the internet is saying we should all send back our phones if you don't allow uninstall of bloatware. Will you do this?

comk4ver

Reaction score
I don't remember but I thought the og droid was bloat free? And it did tremendously well... Maybe an optional menu when we boot up or phones would be a better choice...then we'd bring it down from their servers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bplewis24

Reaction score
Oh, there is definitely a money component to this. The business model is evident in the PC industry.

Bottom line is we get cheaper products because PC/phone vendors sign contracts with companies like Blockbuster or whoever to put software on the PC/phones before they ship. I don't know how much money it is per phone, but that's why they do it. What other incentive would they have to do it? It takes them time to put it on there. Blockbuster pays a certain amount, and sometimes the vendors lower the price of the product a little so that they sell it to us cheaper and still make a profit off the contract.

And the OG D1 was bloat free because it was a pure Google phone for the most part.

Brandon