Box.net Giving Away 50GB of Cloud Storage to Android Users

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
715B%2BaNW1PL._SL500_AA300_.png

From now until March 23rd Box.net is giving away 50GB of free cloud storage to Android users. The steps are easy, simply download the app, log in or create a new account and enjoy your 50GB of online storage.

Download box.net

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A few things to keep in mind:

Personal accounts are restricted to.
  1. No Desktop Sync unless you upgrade
  2. 100MB upload limit (2GB if you upgrade)
Overall, from a business aspect box is really cool! Personal aspect... not so much. Which baffles me as to why they're working with companies like HP, HTC, LG, and Sony on giving people free access. Their plans and operation are really geared toward business use, and not so much personal.

Still didn't stop me from grabbing free 50GB!

Red Droid

Reaction score
Why exactly does this app need access to my personal contact info? Thanks, no.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Why exactly does this app need access to my personal contact info? Thanks, no.
Doesn't hurt to read app descriptions. They some times mention why they require an odd permission. Of course, weather you want to believe this or not is up to you. From the app description page:
* Invite colleagues to shared folders and leave comments on files for them (note that you’ll need to grant permission for the app to access your contacts – we only use this permission to quickly retrieve email addresses when you want to invite collaborators, and we do NOT store any contact information on Box’s servers)