Bounty On Root For The Verizon Galaxy S5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
aQmpOr9.jpg

The Verizon Galaxy S5 has been here now for a few weeks and still we seem to be nowhere closer to a root method. There are currently several well known exploit and security experts looking to find a way to get this device rooted. The S5 community is ready for root on their devices! They have banded together to put their money where there mouth is. There is now a bounty thread for the Verizon Galaxy S5.
Since last night this thread has received pledges in the amount of $3715! Bounties are no guarantee that a device will be rooted, however they sometimes encourage developers who would otherwise not even give a device a second look a good reason to spend some time on development for the device. The hope is that with a bounty we can get some new eyes on the project that can hopefully offer some insight or even a full blown new root method!. If you have a consumer Verizon Galaxy S5, and would like to see root on your device you may want to consider adding a pledge for a few dollars to the bounty to make things more enticing for the developers.

It should be noted that most developers do not release exploits for the money alone, as OEMs will often pay more for said exploits. They do it for the sake of the community, and as such should be appreciated, and not treated as employees with a deadline. They do this for fun and bounties can help to cover expenses, but in most cases do not make up for hours spent and devices purchased to accomplish the task.

UPDATE: Wow these guys really want root! One guy is pledging $1000, someone pledged $500, someone else pledged $400 and several others pledged $100! The total is already over $4000! Here is to hoping something comes quickly!

Via XDA

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This will not happen, a bounty was also set for the S4, to no avail , Knox is the main reason this is not possible. Unlocking devices is becoming a thing of the past, it's heading the way of the dinosaur.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Never say never.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
We'll be discussing how big the bounty is this winter and how there is no root available even though the S6 rumor mill is starting to churn.

[/worthless speculation]

swc2001

Reaction score
This will not happen, a bounty was also set for the S4, to no avail , Knox is the main reason this is not possible. Unlocking devices is becoming a thing of the past, it's heading the way of the dinosaur.
I have never seen a device go without root for too long. "Another way. Always another way."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Unfortunately for the devs most people never pay up, at least that is how I saw it when the bounty for the M7 was up in the $3k range. So I'd really like to see if these people who are pledging over $100 will actually pay when and if the time ever comes.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Unfortunately for the devs most people never pay up, at least that is how I saw it when the bounty for the M7 was up in the $3k range. So I'd really like to see if these people who are pledging over $100 will actually pay when and if the time ever comes.

How would you know if they pay or not?