Bought Wife's D1 on Ebay....

jmed99

Reaction score
The seller wont let me return it an the keyboard is severely bubbled up. Will Verizon replace under warranty? Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no idea, unless you know for sure the phone was originally purchased from a Verizon store.

purchasing off ebay might affect that somehow though?

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
That is so messed up. I dunno about verizon, but I know paypal and ebay has a buyer protection program. Can you contact them?

kmasum

Reaction score
Was there a return policy included when you bought the item? You can complain ebay, call ebay customer service number, they are very helpful, shouldn't be having problem turning it back.

-against app piracy » droid X » tapatalk

frodroid

Reaction score
If you used paypal you can definitely start a case and they most always side with the buyer. which way did you purchase the item? Did you have a tracking #? I ask for other methods of getting your money back if they sent you a defective phone.

xliderider

Reaction score
If you used paypal you can definitely start a case and they most always side with the buyer.

^^^ This.

I almost never used my keyboard on my D1 after I got used to the virtual keyboard. The only times I pulled that keyboard out was to hold the X key down to boot into recovery lol.

xliderider

Reaction score
Also, for future ebay purchases of phones and other electronic items, Squaretrade will sell you a one or two year insurance plan at very reasonable rates.

Squaretrade does make you wait 30 days before you can file a claim though to try to cut down on people who try to insure a faulty device just to make a claim.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
By purchasing a phone from someone else, you are voiding its warranty. Try to contact the seller.

not necessarily. i bought a blackberry storm off eBay then about a month later it started messing up and Verizon honored the warranty and exchanged it for another unit.