Bought the extended battery...BATTERY LIFE STILL NO GOOD

throwscoach

Reaction score
This may have already been asked, i don't remember because I've been jumping through threads, but do you have facebook synced with your contacts?

timrock

Reaction score
just got my extended today. it arrived at 70% charged it for about 10 minutes and it went to 80. went outside, made a few calls, sent some texts, went online, still at 80%. So far, so good.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I do have facebook synced to my contacts and that seems to be something that may killbmy battery.

BUT...i found the cure. After trying literally everything these forums have to offer and didn't see any results. I decided to root and install juice defender and IT WORKS. And when i say i tried everything else i mean it. But this gas worked for me and given me about 5 more hours if battery life per charge. Anyone with a battery issue needs to try this.

paulmac

Reaction score
I am using the extended battery, and I can easily get 36 hours or more out of my phone. After taking it off the charger in morning at 6am I still usually have 70% at around 11pm at night. I do not use live wallpaper, GPS and WIFI are off. One questions, is anyone having problems using the verizon snap in holster? I am, I notice that you can very easily depress one of the 4 raised buttons (home, search etc) by simply applying slight pressure to the holster, causing the screen to come on. I point that out, becuase I noticed this and if that plastic holster is causing your screen to go on and off without you realizing it, it will eat up some battery. Poor design of the holster by Verizon.

Reaction score
I have tried everything on the forums here, LITERALY, except a factory reset. *

Also getting no better battery life on my extended battery, maybe just a smidge some days. Every day is different but for the most part it's still horrible.

* Most people and myself have tried everything, so don't even bother suggesting the usual to us, it's been done. Don't know what else to do.

* Have you really done a factory reset? It sucks. But that is the only thing that worked for me.

* I would unplug in the AM and be at 40% before noon. Charge on my PC, fully charged leaving the office, and would have to plug in before I went to bed.

*_AFTER_ the factory reset, I am getting 18+ hours (nearly a full day - have to sleep sometime) with normal use. Got 40 hours over the weekend w/ light use. *I am actually using more widgets now than before bc my phone doesn't die immediately.

* Soo... Factory reset. If you have already done one, do another.* And slowly reinstall apps, one or two at a time. Monitor battery for a couple of days. Add some more. Repeat. Yes. This is a PITA. But i found it to be less of an issue than owning a 4 hour battery. If you do reset, please post results.

* Sidebar: I actually wonder if restoring apps via My Backup Pro was part of my problem. I did not restore any apps after reset- only data. If it's not worth installing, it didn't get installed.

McBain01

Reaction score
I recently got the extended battery as well. At first it seemed good, but not as good as hoped. I then took the suggestion of another user about turning off the "use wireless networks" to determine your location. Since then, i am easily getting 24 hours plus with above average use. I.E. many calls, texts, videos on NFL mobile and pandora.

p.s. I also do the other things mentioned alot on here about leaving gps and wifi off until i need it etc.

In short, i am very happy with the extended battery. My plan is to give my wife this one once the seido's come out. Hopefully those will be amazing

Saqs

Reaction score
Its still pretty hit and miss for me. I use it the same pretty much everyday with texting all day, wifi & gps off, etc. Some days I can get 12-14 hours. Others I get 6-9.

How some people are able to get 24 hours with moderate use is beyond me.

garath

Reaction score
Its still pretty hit and miss for me. I use it the same pretty much everyday with texting all day, wifi & gps off, etc. Some days I can get 12-14 hours. Others I get 6-9.

it's all relative. Not all apps are created equal in their ability to suck power. Signal will make a big impact as well.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

it's all relative. Not all apps are created equal in their ability to suck power. Signal will make a big impact as well.

That is my biggest problem. Low signal will eat up battery. At home I have 1-2 bars (sad) and my battery drains about 15% an hour while sitting on my desk due to low signal. At work with 4 bars (verizon tower down the st = win) My battery loses maybe 5% an hour while idle... its sad, gimmie more bars at home verizon... that or stop charging for the mobile at home thing.

Riddlin

Reaction score
If your using Anti Virus software get rid of it. It chews up your battery like no other.

Gilmon

Reaction score
I found that if I leave my Droid on, but in the airplane mode, after I charge it each evening, it stays at 100% charge all night. When I would shut it off it went down to 60-70% during the night. Strange but true . . . Also, I got rid of the App Killer as it is not needed. It too uses up battery.

devilduck

Reaction score
extended life battery sucks

In reading the first page of posts on this thread, I haven't seen this reccomendation that I got from Verizon. So, try it, maybe it will work:
Let the battery completely drain before recharging it. I let mine go DEAD, so far as it won't start up, and it helped.