Bought Droid X2 today, was loving it...until I tried listening to music

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
You have 512 total. X amount used by the OS, X amount used by apps, and X amount free. In your case 182mb used by the OS, 225 being used by various apps, and 105 free at the momment. As for the random reboots with D3's some do and some don't. I haven't had a single random reboot I over a month. Can't explain why some have issues, but its been like that since the D1 some are good and some not so good. end of line...
I don't think free ram has anything to do with it... If so, I would expect the music player to work worse while running Bluetooth, not be totally and completely skip and hesitation free. Run music through Bluetooth, it's not a fix but a workaround. To the OP, return the phone if you still can.

1EZ1976

Reaction score
I have a DX2 and it seems to be working fine. Although what is a good app for downloading music?? Anyone know?

dmgerbino

Reaction score
I finally called Verizon about the audio issues when playing music and podcasts and made an official complaint. They also transferred me to Motorola so I could do the same with them. Verizon said they knew of the issue. Motorola said they never heard of it. I told both companies about the posts here. I also made an official post at the official Motorola support website. Https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57459

-Dave

Update: The Motorola support phone number is 1.866.721.5480

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

bolski

Reaction score
I'm having no issues with music lagging or skipping. I did update to Gingerbread, but even on FROYO, it worked.

Just got my X2 yesterday.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
the reason music skips and video lags is because most likely you are using your old 16gb card from another phone. The included 8GB is a faster card, which is supposed to eliminate the lag and skipping. Try that out, and see how it is. i believe that should fix you up, and if not, the X2 is one buggy phone regardless lol

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
the reason music skips and video lags is because most likely you are using your old 16gb card from another phone. The included 8GB is a faster card, which is supposed to eliminate the lag and skipping. Try that out, and see how it is. i believe that should fix you up, and if not, the X2 is one buggy phone regardless lol

This has been proven to be not the case, and in fact Motorola has already commented saying they are aware of then problem, it is a software problem (not a hardware problem) and they are working on a fix.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
This has been proven to be not the case, and in fact Motorola has already commented saying they are aware of then problem, it is a software problem (not a hardware problem) and they are working on a fix.

That's good to know. I tried using Pandora this morning while I was on the treadmill, and couldn't even get it to start playing for 5 minutes. Then it kept stopping, and starting up again. Thought I just had no 3g, but checked, and had 3 bars. Hopefully they get an update out soon to fix some of the minor problems with this phone.

jplipper

Reaction score
Hey All. Same problem, but I found a few ways to minimize it. First, I downloaded Pandora Blue 1.3 (search the forums, there is a link). Then I rooted my DX2 and removed all of the Verizon bloatware plus the stock audio player and replaced it with Winamp. For Pandora, there is still a slight delay at start up but nothing like before. No issues playing music files stored on the SD Card or phone with winamp.

zakky12

Reaction score
So if its a chip problem does that mean it'll never get fixed?

also why does it have 225MB ram used and 105MB free? I thought this had 512MB where is my ram
\

i thing more ram in this phone would make it 120% better. maybe like a gig...or four.. all that processing power and not enough RAM. its silly.

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
Calm down young grass hopper. Im hearing that their is a 2.3.4 soak test out for the x2 right now. From what I hear from the testers, the issue seems to have been fixed. X2 is also getting the crt screen shut off animation!!!

rp076

Reaction score
I was having the same problems on 2.3.3 while running debloated & eclipse roms, and nothing would make it go away. So i finally decided to sbf the leaked 2.3.4 & flashed nitros eclipse v1.1 & have had one, maybe two pops during the last few days of use. Really made a big difference. Especially while using the browser.

Last edited:

redfish10

Reaction score
I use power amp to listen to music and have never had a issue. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Snowrider

Reaction score
The new update released today takes care of that problem as well as stuttering of HD video recording

Gblake13

Reaction score
Does anyone else with a Droid x2 have problems with Pandora?