Bought an aaxa l1 laser projector

Gorin

Reaction score
Well, I still am unsure how to hook it up with my droid (but i'm told it can be done). I went with the most expensive aaxa l1 laser projector model because spending the crap ton of money on a droid wasn't enough.

This is one that has onboard storage as well as a USB hook up for flash drives...this leads me to believe that I might be able to run a usb to mini usb somehow...I'd just need the proper software developed for droid. Does anyone know if there is something out there?.

Right now i'm just using the USB flash as a way to put things on to the unit and easily carry around for presentations/video. It comes with an 8gig so I might upgrade the flash stick and put movies and stuff directly on there. Kinda wished I could use the droid's internet for youtubing stuff instead but it works for now.

I snapped a couple of pics of it in action. It is pretty fancy. Lasers are supposed to be the **** in projection. It cost me a crap ton of money...lol. but the image is stellar. good colors and quality.

*edit* here is the product page if this info helps http://www.aaxatech.com/products/l1_laser_pico_projector.htm

4362878233_f89dc2139e.jpg

4363498294_ae9ff1f2a6.jpg

4363589046_0b4f541b9d.jpg

4348782995_2475cc8962.jpg

4349518902_607922300c.jpg

If anyone has questions about my camera, that was expensive, too.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gorin

Reaction score
I'm assuming im gonna need something like this as well as discussed on the other thread:

Micro_usb_adapter.jpg

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
G

Gorin

Reaction score
well ****, thats awesome!

I also JUST realized that i have a microUSB port on the projector too....just found it while plugging in for power. haha.

joker402

Reaction score
please tell me/us how this works and what it cost you

im rooted with sholesmod and would like to know if can do this too

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
please tell me/us how this works and what it cost you

im rooted with sholesmod and would like to know if can do this too

I think retail is $599 for the projector, if that is what you were referring too. Which BTW is some James Bond ****, super awesome display of how far technology has come. :icon_eek:

OP
G

Gorin

Reaction score
hmm... just realized that it has a micro usb cable to stereo RCA cables...maybe this might help?

*edit i just reopened the box and found it packaged in there..

bastosero

Reaction score
Can that projector access from a storage device or not?

Edit: Never mind, I didn't notice the pics earlier.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gorin

Reaction score
it has a micro usb to rca cable out which will probably work with the wd tv

Samstag

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused, but if this thing can play video from a standard USB stick, is there some reason you can't use the stock USB-microUSB cable that came with the droid and enable the mount on the droid side? It should be able to play videos right from the microsd assuming it can handle the codecs.

OP
G

Gorin

Reaction score
still need some sort of video out software on the droid side, no?

Samstag

Reaction score
No. Assuming the projector can handle 16gb SDHC USB devices, and the video you're trying to play is in one of the formats supported by the projector, you don't need your droid to do anything except sit there and act as a USB device.