Bottom speaker volume?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Any N9 owners who are having a problem with their speaker volume? I've read unconfirmed reports about that problem, and i'm hoping that they're just from disgruntled wannabee owners. Thanks for any feedback.:p

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Yes it has been a lot of complaints about the bottom speaker. The volume of my speakers are not as loud as my daughters S9 Plus or my wife's S9.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If this goes south, i'm forgetting about the N9 and taking a hard look at the Oneplus 6T or the Pixel 3 XL. By the way, I put my Nexus 6 up against the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 8 Active(with the new 600mhz bandwith) in a very rural area of North Carolina, and my old reliable shamu got better reception. That tells me that an old Nexus with GSM & CDMA bands, beats T-Mobile's new band. How about them apples?:cool::p:)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
If this goes south, i'm forgetting about the N9 and taking a hard look at the Oneplus 6T or the Pixel 3 XL. By the way, I put my Nexus 6 up against the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 8 Active(with the new 600mhz bandwith) in a very rural area of North Carolina, and my old reliable shamu got better reception. That tells me that an old Nexus with GSM & CDMA bands, beats T-Mobile's new band. How about them apples?:cool::p:)
It is something that can be fixed with an update. Not major to me mine is loud. Just not as loud as the S9 right now.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
How does a speaker issue get fixed with an update? I'm under the assumption that it's an issue that needs to be fixed mechanically with a recall. :eek:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Where did you here about a recall? Unless others are having a different issue then me. My speakers are working fine it is just my volume is not as loud as my wife's and daughter S9.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Whoa, back up a little and read my post. YOU said that the speaker issue could be fixed with an update, and i said that instead of an update, it would probably have to be fixed with a recall. I NEVER said that there was a recall. If you're happy with the sound from your speaker, that's fine.:rolleyes:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Whoa, back up a little and read my post. YOU said that the speaker issue could be fixed with an update, and i said that instead of an update, it would probably have to be fixed with a recall. I NEVER said that there was a recall. If you're happy with the sound from your speaker, that's fine.:rolleyes:
I was working when I glanced at your reply. I remember a static issue on the Note 3 or 4 that got fixed with an update. If this go south as you say and they have a recall it will kill the Note series. I hope that there never is another recall again!

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey, i'm with you. The N4 was one of the best phone that i ever owned. I didn't get the N5 because they discontinued the memory slot. When the N7 started having problems, i went with the S7 Edge, which is what i use now. I also love my "back up" phone, the Nexus 6.:p

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Hey, i'm with you. The N4 was one of the best phone that i ever owned. I didn't get the N5 because they discontinued the memory slot. When the N7 started having problems, i went with the S7 Edge, which is what i use now. I also love my "back up" phone, the Nexus 6.:p
I had the Note 2,3,4,7 and now 9.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I missed out on the Note4 or Note Edge. Wanted the Note Edge. Glad I missed on the Note7 though. I remember trading in my S3 for a Note 2 and never went back to a Non-Note Galaxy Phone.
Had the Note II, Note 3 and have the Note5, Note8 & Note9.

The Lack of MicroSD in the Note5 did make me jump to the Moto Z Force briefly till the Note8 was released.