Bottom line, when 2.1 comes -- install or do not install?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by kbayer, Mar 7, 2010.

1. kbayer

kbayer New Member

The way DroidMod is now, my phone is perfect [​IMG]. Is there a reason that I would have to or need to go back to stock, just to install 2.1 [​IMG]??

And if I did, rumors are that 2.1 eliminates your ability to ever root again -- is that true? [​IMG]
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That's a personal decision. I intend to go back to stock and see if I like 2.1. When I do that I will not be able to use Droidmod 1.0 again unless they come up with a way to root 2.1. And I'm pretty sure somebody will.
  3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

They already have the prereleased versions and we're using them, how would they be able to stop the release version from these devs from working on them?

Did I miss a vital thread somewhere?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm pretty certain that the final version of 2.1 itself will have to be rooted, and that may take some time. One of the things that is rumored about the final version is they are making it tougher to root. I have no doubt it will happen though.
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Agreed! If Pete can pump out an upgrade a day, he could certainly spend that time poking around for root access. And he's just ONE man...lol
  6. srt4mn

srt4mn New Member

I'm not going to update. We basically already have what they are releasing, with better features added on top (overclocking, root access, more features, etc.). There is no reason to go back to stock now (unless you need to return the phone for some reason).
  7. Cnote187

Cnote187 New Member

Thats what rooters said 3 months ago. now the impending release changed again, you never know all that will be included in the update until someone actually recieves the update..

I say go back to stock to see all the new features. Then hope for another root exploit.
  8. masters

masters New Member

I am running Ultimate Droid 6.3.. I was on DroidMod.. They are still at 2.0.1.. There really is no reason to still be on 2.0.1, the 2.1 roms are much faster and I have had no problems..

Even DroidMod will probably ditch 201 on the next release, they just have been mia with everyone else working on 2 different versions of 2.1.

And if you for some reason find something you don't like you can always restore to your backup.

Masters
  9. Mercutio

Mercutio New Member

I can't imagine a reason to return to stock.
  10. masters

masters New Member

I don't either..

I can't see how even a released unrooted stock ver of 2.1 could possibly be better than what is being released now.. The only thing that is making me drool is waiting for Flash. A running flash increases what these phone can do..

I am disappointed that Bluetooth voice dial is still non-existent.
  11. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

This questions is pointless... 2.1 is obviously never coming.... Lets say it does though, I'll let DroidMod pull any new features and put them in a new update. I don't care if it takes longer and I have to wait...
  12. yomomma7826

yomomma7826 New Member

this is interesting, cause couldnt we all just download the 2.0.1.sbf file and return to 2.0.1 if we dont like 2.1 when it comes out? and then wahhllaaa we have root all over again. lol
  13. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I find it highly unlikely we will see BT voice dialing unless Moto has an in house solution. While the Moto Devour has it, its provided by Nuance, and that costs Motorola to put on the Devour. I really can't forsee them shelling out to give to Droid users after the phone has been out for so long.