Both WiFi and Mobile Data Icons In Status Bar

kaykay235

Reaction score
what is this caller id app? I had no idea about it and it's something that I'm going to have to pay for when the trial runs out? I am not happy to hear this, especially since verizon didn't make me aware of it.

btw - thanks for telling me about this app! I just stopped the trial and disabled it and the 3G icon went away.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is this caller id app? I had no idea about it and it's something that I'm going to have to pay for when the trial runs out? I am not happy to hear this, especially since verizon didn't make me aware of it.

btw - thanks for telling me about this app! I just stopped the trial and disabled it and the 3G icon went away.

You never stopped a trial, unless you activated it. I also froze it, but never activated it to begin with.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This has been happening to me for months (and I didn't even know there was an update!). For me it only lasts a minute or two then goes away, can't say I've noticed any negative impact of any kind...

Bishang

Reaction score
What free trial, unless I agree to try something on my own accord, there should be no charge to my or anyones account, it's not like we downloaded the Application ourselves, it was preloaded by Verizon.
I never opted in for this app trial/but when I got a call the app also showed who was calling and opted into the trial on it's own. Without ever having opened up the app.

I went into the app and looked at the account status and it said I had 8 days left on my free trial, a trial I never opted in to.

This isn't the first app Verizon has automatically started a free trial on your phone without you selecting it. I would just play it safe and actually end the trial, that way you don't get a surprise charge on your bill.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Everyone relax, this is normal with any new update from Verizon, the reason you are getting both icons at the top is because certain Verizon apps that are being updated only use 4G LTE, it is a security issue implemented by Verizon, it should go away after those apps are updated, also if you notice anytime any data is being transmitted there is two small arrows beneath the WiFi or the LTE icon that are flashing "transmitting the data", so you know if your WiFi or your Verizon Data service is transmitting the data..

Thanks for the tip, I ended the trial and disabled the app and that seemed to work.

RossD

Reaction score
It is activated automatically, I received an e mail the day after my kids and I upgraded all 3 of our S3's saying we had changed something, this tipped me off to check into it. So all 3 of us canceled out of the trial and disabled the app. You should have to opt in not opt out.

Slinger182

Reaction score
With the latest update from today, I have noticed that both my WiFi icon and Mobile Data (currently 3G) are being displayed. I am guessing that both are active, killing my battery.

Is anyone else seeing this?

View attachment 63342

What does that symbol to the left of the blue tooth indicator mean?

Thanks

OP
M

mike0164

Reaction score
What does that symbol to the left of the blue tooth indicator mean?

Thanks

It is the GPS location broadcast, used to locate your phone in an emergency and other uses. I chose to keep it enabled, but can easily be disabled.

dewey

Reaction score
Here is the fix people, go to settings>Application Manager>scroll right to ALL, now scroll down to Caller Name ID and DISABLE it, problem solved, that's what this extra little app that Verizon decided to bake into this ROM does, they want to keep track of your mms, LOL.

Note: Do not thank me, thank gandalf607 on the Verizon message boards, this same issue and fix has also been posted on the XDA message boards.

This did not help me. Both Wifi and 4G still active in status bar.

dewey

Reaction score
Did you restart your phone after you disabled the app? That should help

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

So I launched the app and it said "Not activated yet. Try again later". So I left it enabled and after about 30 minutes the 4G icon went away and never came back.