both my school emails won't sync?

Nolecott24

Reaction score
If you could give me a quick walkthrough on how I could set up my fsu account on my Droid it would be greatly appreciated.

scully

Reaction score
I keep trying this method of using the verizon outgoing server, but everytime I get an error and then the force close option. My inbox will load with my school email, but eithin a few seconds it tweaks out. Bad hardware possibly?

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Don't hold me to it but I think Verizon shut down their outgoing servers. I used them on my Moto Q9m and one day no e-mail. I called Verizon and was told they shut them down. Thanks for the heads up i said and was told a note was put in my bill. Who reads the crap that comes in bills? I ended up having to set it up using Optimums servers until I got the droid. Now I just feed my Optimum account through my Google account and it works great.

scully

Reaction score
It appears that my email syncs up just fine, but the it errors out. I can see the inbox loading correctly and even read the first email for about 5 seconds or so, the I get an error and force close. Why would it load the inbox and then error before I even attempt to send anything? I have a feeling that this is not the outgoing server giving me an issue, but rather something my phone is doing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyone else there with a Droid?

Bruin54

Reaction score
Sorry if this is irrelevant, but I just got my droid and I can't sync my school email address.

I go to UCLA and my email is a @ucla.edu . Can someone help me/give instructions on how to get it to sync?

scully

Reaction score
Sorry if this is irrelevant, but I just got my droid and I can't sync my school email address.

I go to UCLA and my email is a @ucla.edu . Can someone help me/give instructions on how to get it to sync?

I have the exact same problem. I work at the University of Hartford so I have a @hartford.edu email that I cannot get to sync.

Lemon

Reaction score
FSU email on Android directions:

I FINALLY got my FSU webmail to work on my Verizon Android. Here are the instructions! :)

Email Address: [email protected]
Choose IMAP for the incoming mail server
Incoming mail server: imap.fsu.edu
Select SSL for incoming (port993)
Outgoing mail server: smpt.fsu.edu
Select None for outgoing (port25)