Both my droid rebooting after boot

swebb1988

Reaction score
I have two droids one for me and my girlfriend.....both were updated. I rooted by downgrading and rooting and then by using rom manager to do the all the stuff i didnt feel like doing. Droid has been working but now its rebooting and turning on saying dec 1969 and then when the sd card mounts it reboots. I cant figure it out because it has been working perfectly but randomly now its acting crazy.......girfriends screen is turning black in the middle of apps or she says some sort of little windows on the bottom of her screen like what the other screens look like but thats not what they look like? i dunno i havent seen it just tryin to describe what she said.

set ups are as follows

MINE
2.1 root
cynagen mod- 5.0.6.2-drid
7 slot 1300 low volt kernel-furthermore i have set cpu,paid, to control profiles to slow the processor down during times such as like battery getting low
apps2sd-maybe 50 apps on it

HERS
2.1 root
everything is the same on mine except kernel is 1200 and maybe 15 apps

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seen this problem before (relating to the Epoch). The fixes usually involve re-flashing to stock and starting over from zero, as something gets borked in the internal clocks, preventing anything from actually happening. Not sure why it happened on two phones at once though, seems like too much of a coincidence.

OP
S

swebb1988

Reaction score
just to clarify hers isnt rebooting like mine.....mine is completely recycling in reboot....and i cant get it to stop to get in the rom manger and i also try power x or vol and camera.....neither seem to work....only way i can get it to stop is takin the sd out....another fact...it didnt start to go nuts until i turned on the gps and tried nav....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, so reflash?

Either way, 1300Mhz is a pretty big push, 1200 is a lot, but not quite as bad. I'd drop it back and see if you're still having problems.

If pulling the SD card helps, then reformat it and see what that does for you.

OP
S

swebb1988

Reaction score
ya i was even going to drop it to 1100....o also forgot to mention.....didnt think about it....couple days ago i got a sd damaged error....had a backup on my laptop and even swapped it to another sd i had laying around...took care of the error..and i also reformated the old card...i just popped the sd back in and it seems once the phone trys to use the processor basically...it shuts down...

just got phone to allow me to get in rom manager....went to standard volt at 1000.....you think maybe the kernel or rom? what is your set up? what rom do you like most?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could be either the kernel or the rom, I'm not sure where the clock controller is. I'm currently on BB v1 with no problems. Not sure which kernel, but I run 1100mhz without problems. Cyanogen and DM have both worked flawlessly for me in the past.

OP
S

swebb1988

Reaction score
took it to 1000 standard and it is running good now...noob ? not hip to ur guys abbreviations yet...what is bb?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bugless Beast, a custom rom by a dev named Pete, no worries.

droidenator

Reaction score
my phone used to do the same thing when i accidently overclocked it to 1.3ghz and when setcpu would boot and overclock after restart it would just freeze say sd card is damaged and then reboot just flash down to 1.1ghz in my opinion the fastest and most stable it can be

OP
S

swebb1988

Reaction score
ya i did that and changed over to bugless beast and it seems to be working perfecttttttt