Bored with Droid Pro

flash24

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is bored with this device? Not having any custom ROMS sucks! :(

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think Fission has a ROM for it but, don't quote me..

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidToro

Reaction score
My wife has a droid x because of eyesight issues. I avoided it because i have always hated soft keyboards and came from BB. Now that I have one to play with for a while i decided that i can deal with the keyboard and like the extra screen real estate. They also got some pretty mature roms. I pulled the trigger on an X and am ready to switch when it arrives. I will keep the Dpro around in case I want to switch back.

Droid Pro Z4 Rooted

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I'm bored with it, but just because I get bored after 3-6 months on a device. No roms stinks, but we probably have motorola to thank for that and their locked down bootstrap. And, the display being so much smaller than other android devices isn't attracting the developers at all. I fear we may never see a good working rom on the pro.

StingRay

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is bored with this device? Not having any custom ROMS sucks! :(

I was kind of worried this might happen when I initially bought my Pro, but wanted it because of the physical keyboard and business/exchange abilities...

I think that because of the smaller, less resolution screen there aren't that many people moving over to it, and as a result there's not a huge market for ROMS, themes, etc. No developer or themer will drop the $$ to purchase a Pro in order to develop on it, thus the lack of ROMs and themes...

Unfortunately, with the new larger screened, 4G phones coming out in the next couple of months, there's probably less chance that ROM development on the Droid Pro ever gets going...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I was kind of worried this might happen when I initially bought my Pro, but wanted it because of the physical keyboard and business/exchange abilities...

I think that because of the smaller, less resolution screen there aren't that many people moving over to it, and as a result there's not a huge market for ROMS, themes, etc. No developer or themer will drop the $$ to purchase a Pro in order to develop on it, thus the lack of ROMs and themes...

Unfortunately, with the new larger screened, 4G phones coming out in the next couple of months, there's probably less chance that ROM development on the Droid Pro ever gets going...
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Not trying to hijack this thread, but I wonder how many Pro's have been sold. I guess another good question is how many were sold to BB owners that have gone back to their BB because of the corporate email sync issue and the other numerous "glitches" with the Pro.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the Pro being released in Europe next month will maybe help gather more interest from developers.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm hoping that the Pro being released in Europe next month will maybe help gather more interest from developers.

That would be nice. Did you read that somewhere about being released in Europe?

It was announced last week at Mobile World Congress. It's being called the Motorola Pro (since the Droid brand is only for Verizon devices).