bored and now confused

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by angler1, Apr 20, 2010.

1. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright I was born and decided to clean my phone up. I went back to stock and cleaned up my files. I rooted my phone and flashed sprecovery. I got the push for the 2.1 update and thought I saw someplace that sprecovery would block the download so I let it go through. Ate my dinner all excited to flash a new rom. Came back to my phone only to find out I have the 2.1 update, **ck. I still have the superuser icon though. What do I need to do. Do I need to go through all the hoopla of flashiing 2.01. Any help much apperciated. Thanks

2. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you do.

3. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Is there a link to flash to 2.01? It seems like my droid is really funky and I might have to return it for the 2nd time. I need to unroot it.

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No you don't.

I have the 2.1 OTA Update 1 and I have root access and I did not go through the hoopla of downgrading to 2.0.1. There is a sticky thread...I think it is titled something to the effect of Flasshing SPRecovery using RSDLite.

Now...you said you did that...right? And your concern is that you now have the 2.1 update on your phone. If you followed the thread I mentioned then you are supposed to still have 2.1 OTA Update 1. Check it if it rooted by going into Terminal Emulator (if you don't have it you probably did not follow nthe same thread I did...but you can get it from the market. it's free). Once in Terminal Emulator type SU. If the prompt changes fro # to $ then you have root access.

Edit: I see you flashed to 2.0.1 and SPRecovery. So you obviously diod not fololwo the thread I followed. If you want to add custom ROms then your best bet is to go back to stock 2.0.1 and then play with rooting and then a custom rom. I am using the OTA ROM , rooted and overclocked. No need for custom ROMs anymore. Sorry for not reading the details.

Nate

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  5. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont have superuser commands. I officially have the 2.1update. I do have the ninja though. How do i get rid of that? This is so boring. I am so used to messing with different roms. I dont know what to do with myself. Thanks for all the feedback.

6. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Find the thread about loading sprecovery using rsd lite. sorry, using tapatalk so I cant link it for you. Once you have sprecovery you can either root the stock rom or flash a custom rom, whichever you prefer.

7. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    To get rid of the Superuser.apk you will need root permissions. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/37696-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-stock-2-1-a.html <-- You can flash that then install a ROM through sprecovery, which will give you your root permissions back. You can then unroot it, if you would like, or stay rooted.

8. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. I am trying to figure rthat all out now. Having troubles with rsd opening up with vista.

9. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I found two links to unroot and a video to unroot on Youtube by a guy named DroidReview. Each seem to have a step or two more or less than the other.

Which one seems to work more effectively or does all three work as they should? As an FYI, I didn't have the 2.1 official over the air update since I rooted. It was 2.01 stocked. I did have the update on my older Droid just before I sent that back and switch to my current one.

I am hoping to have a better working phone and possible root again.

13. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I followed the link above. It worked flawlessly. No adb commands, pretty noob friendly. Back to flashing roms again. Don't know if this what you where looking for, but it definately works. good luck

14. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the link. I actually went with the video since I added a rom the same way. It looks like it worked. And the moment I went stock 2.01 the update pushed through so now I am 2.1.