1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bootstrapper Questions

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by jsw6380a, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

For some reason I can't wrap my brain around what the bootstrapper does??? It appears from what I researched to be a backup? Is this taking place of titanium backup??? Or is this incase s*&^ really hits the fan and you need to go into recovery mode? Im just a little confused and am trying to gather as much info as possible prior to installing. I am using the DX rooted with z4 for tethering, screen shots etc. No custom roms... yet..... hahahahadancedroid
  2. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

Check out my backup/restore tutorial. Explains the entire bootstrapper app with words and videos. First link in my sig
  3. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

I cant brick the phone doing this correct? "Learning on the fly and loving every minute!!" hahahaha
  4. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

Nope, especially if you can follow instructions. That said, I honestly believe ignorant users have a .05% chance of bricking their phone just by turning it on, so you may want to look at my .sbf flashing tutorial in case that happens at one point or another :p

(it's also in my sig)

welcome to the dx my friend
  5. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

Installing now.. Hang tight... hahahahaha.. If I brick im coming back with much anger!!! hahaha.. :icon_evil:
  6. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

you'll be fine; although, bricking isn't necessarily a bad thing. you need to learn how to fix your phone if you break it after all.
    I bricked my phone and was pissed. searched and searched and finally figured out how to fix it after ~3 days of gathering information off the internet. Now because of what I've learned I wrote up my findings for others to use. The worst cases of people following my tut takes only 6 hours to fix their phone
  7. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

It is backing up now.. This is the most fun I have had since high school.. I never realized how much fun a phone could be.. Appreciate all your help so far.. Im glad I had someone who "went before me" so to speak... If I bricked this things I would probably s*&^ a brick.. Although I did get the phone for free... hahaha.. I am thinking about pickin up a cheap OG droid and just going to town with it..
  8. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

Success!!! Thanks for all your help... I guess I am ready to move onto custom roms now! Hahaha.. :icon_ banana:
  9. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

that you are, as long as you have a stable to backup to you could rape your phone if you wanted to
    (note: don't actually try to rape your phone, it's not worth the litigation fees)
  10. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 New Member

Hey now, I take offense to that 6 hr remark mader...hahaha!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

bootstrapper.html

customizing twitter bootstrapper

verizon tab bootstrapper

vzw bootstrapper app

what is bootstrapper.html