Bootstrapper Questions

jsw6380a

Reaction score
For some reason I can't wrap my brain around what the bootstrapper does??? It appears from what I researched to be a backup? Is this taking place of titanium backup??? Or is this incase s*&^ really hits the fan and you need to go into recovery mode? Im just a little confused and am trying to gather as much info as possible prior to installing. I am using the DX rooted with z4 for tethering, screen shots etc. No custom roms... yet..... hahahahadancedroid

maderschramm

Reaction score
Check out my backup/restore tutorial. Explains the entire bootstrapper app with words and videos. First link in my sig

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I cant brick the phone doing this correct? "Learning on the fly and loving every minute!!" hahahaha

maderschramm

Reaction score
Nope, especially if you can follow instructions. That said, I honestly believe ignorant users have a .05% chance of bricking their phone just by turning it on, so you may want to look at my .sbf flashing tutorial in case that happens at one point or another :p

(it's also in my sig)

welcome to the dx my friend

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Installing now.. Hang tight... hahahahaha.. If I brick im coming back with much anger!!! hahaha.. :icon_evil:

maderschramm

Reaction score
you'll be fine; although, bricking isn't necessarily a bad thing. you need to learn how to fix your phone if you break it after all.
I bricked my phone and was pissed. searched and searched and finally figured out how to fix it after ~3 days of gathering information off the internet. Now because of what I've learned I wrote up my findings for others to use. The worst cases of people following my tut takes only 6 hours to fix their phone

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
It is backing up now.. This is the most fun I have had since high school.. I never realized how much fun a phone could be.. Appreciate all your help so far.. Im glad I had someone who "went before me" so to speak... If I bricked this things I would probably s*&^ a brick.. Although I did get the phone for free... hahaha.. I am thinking about pickin up a cheap OG droid and just going to town with it..

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Success!!! Thanks for all your help... I guess I am ready to move onto custom roms now! Hahaha.. :icon_ banana:

maderschramm

Reaction score
that you are, as long as you have a stable to backup to you could rape your phone if you wanted to
(note: don't actually try to rape your phone, it's not worth the litigation fees)

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Hey now, I take offense to that 6 hr remark mader...hahaha!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App