Bootstrapper and Gingerbread Stuck

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by Sh0tty341, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Sh0tty341

Sh0tty341 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. Recently I got interested in ROMS and the fact that I could upgrade my android version caught my eye. Gingerbread, I learned, was easy to install, but I have encountered one problem in the process of installation in boot recovery mode...
    Whenever I try to install the zip file for GB on boot recovery, my phone is stuck on installation and does not install so I can reboot and have gingerbread. Yes I do wipe cache and all data. What do forum? I want this so bad please help!
  2. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    What files are you using? The 2 part .596 files?

SkyNet Liberty AOSP
  3. Sh0tty341

Sh0tty341 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I do not know of the model, I am a noob you see. I am using the file called Monster.zip or something along those lines, the pre-rooted version for Droid 2.
  4. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Ah my bad. I should have checked on what forum this was. I just assumed you had an X.

The monster zip is the correct one I believe.

On my X, it would not install the Gingerbread files unless I sbf'd. I wiped the data and cache, but it wouldn't install. Just something to think about until the Droid 2 tech guys respond (ldopa!)

SkyNet Liberty AOSP
  5. Sh0tty341

Sh0tty341 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh lord. You are on the DROID 2 forums and I list my phone as DROID 2. Still, you assume that maybe I have a Droid X.
    It's okay, man. But do you have any idea what could posssibly be wrong? When my device starts to install the file it never continues on from "Installing..."
  6. Sh0tty341

Sh0tty341 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please guys I need help. gingerbread would be so tight on Droid 2. Faster browsing, better display, better battery life, the list goes on! I bet someone had to run into this problem where they get stuck on Installing... and nothing happens!dancedroid
  7. mjs1015

mjs1015 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It might be the file itself. Try redownloading it. Where did you download the file you have?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
[*] vold: 0000 got start:

gingerbreak stuck

gingerbreak vold 0000 got start