Bootscreen for UD10

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by mryi315, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mryi315

mryi315 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has Anyone tried changing their bootscreen yet and was successful? I tried to change it and it hung at the Moto Logo.

2. DGK-ShoGUN

DGK-ShoGUN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bugs:
    -No Activation Dialpad
    -New Verizon NFL App is a no go :/
    -Boot Animations update.zips need to be remade to work with it. (remaking tomorrow)

this is what it says on the UD10 page, i was wondering the same thing. It also says
    using older zips will cause 10.0 not to boot up!!!!
    i saw that part after i tried..it set my nandroid screen all the way back to 0.15.0 and would only boot my saved 2.1! FML

3. triplexcoast

triplexcoast New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another option that you have is to take your desired bootanimation and download the zip from the repository. After the dl, unpack the files, and you should see some folders.... inside the one that says system you will see another called media, and inside that should be a zipped file that is named "bootanimation". Copy that file to the root of your sdcard. On your device run the terminal app and enter the following:

su
    sysrw
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    sync
    sysro
    exit

After that, reboot your device, and you should see your new boot animation

4. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have reinstalled the RedRagev5 bootanimation.

A note on the Bootanimations in the UD Repository, they are designed to be run as an update.zip. The way you work around that, or alternate means of doing it (which I prefer), is to open up that initial ZIP file, inside you will either see one of two setups initially.

One will be three folders named "MACOSX", "META-INF" AND "system". This is the type that is setup to be run as update.zip.

The other initial setup that you may find on some bootanimation.zip's is when you open up the initial ZIP you find 1-3 files, 3 at the most and they would be named "Part0", "Part1" and "desc.txt". That setup indicates that it is the raw bootanimation.zip, and needs to be directly inputted into its proper location by you. (update.zips just automate this part). So in this case what you would do (or what I usually do) is:

Place the raw bootanimation.zip onto the SD Card (preferably the root, otherwise known as the first page that pops up when you mount your SD Card, so its easier to find)

Unmount your phone from the computer

Open the app "Root Explorer"

Ensure that either the "data/local" folder or the "system/media" folders are in Read/Write mode. In Root Explorer there are little buttons that say "Mount R/W" or "Mount R/O". You want to Mount R/W. Some of the folders may already be in R/W mode.

Now, within the Root Explorer app, navigate to the SD Card, find the bootanimation.zip, long press on it, select "Move", then navigate back to the "data/local" or the "system/Media" folder and paste the bootanimation.zip. (Using the "data/local" folder allows you to run the new bootanimatiom without having to overwrite the default one that comes on the phone. So you can always just go back and delete it without worry about losing the default.)

Then go back and "Mount R/O" the folders that you initially did a "Mount R/O"

NOTE: Even if you have a bootanimation.zip that is setup to be run as update.zip (like I explained at the top), you can find the raw bootanimation.zip within that, by opening the ZIP, then opening the "system" folder within that, then open the "Media" folder, inside of the "Media" folder you should see the raw bootanimation.zip. Copy and paste that onto your SD Card and proceed with the Root Explorer option (if you choose to do it that way).

#4 Pokebreaker, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oops, I forgot that Root Explorer is a paid app, but regardless, you have another option to getting it done if you so chose to get Root Explorer.

Search tags for this page

d.g.k boot animation