Bootloops in new Froyo Kernels?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Jon8RFC

Jon8RFC New Member

The one I just downloaded
    SHA-1 c4f1aecd6fcb4f6d2641b8ebcfc288e71175c076
    bootlooped on me.

Is there a certain procedure I should be doing? I've tried selecting the .zip from ROM Manger and manually booting into ClockWorkMod, then selecting the .zip. That's how I get the other ones going at least.

EDIT: maybe I have a new revision that doesn't play nicely. I had it replaced in early June...
    Manufactured 20th week of 2010 (maybe other people with new phones aren't rooting them yet?)
    1090-56KC1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. zatchmo

zatchmo New Member

FWIW, I flashed the 1.2ULV and 4.6 yesterday afternoon and have been working fine since. My buddy finally rooted last night and had some bootloop issues, but a wipe fixed his.
  3. ReGReT

ReGReT New Member

Running UD 5.01 and have tried the newest, all reboot about the time SD card is being mounted. This test version doesn't get past the M and boot loops. Using the P3Droid 1.2lv kernel atm but have always used yours until now so I'm really hoping for a solution.

Thanks for all the hard work!
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Kernels updated in main kernel link - try the new ones and let me know! And on RM
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  5. ReGReT

ReGReT New Member

All good using new 1.2 ulv
  6. NthTier

NthTier New Member

Just installed the latest (5mins ago) 1Ghz LV on Lithium Mod and it is running fantastic!

My phone seems to love your kernels (though it was part of the group that was boot looping when you initially released them on the 1st).
  7. ChevyNo1

Glad I got that worked out!
  8. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

I'm curious about the manufactured date myself. I had no issues with my old phone accepting kernels but I had to have it replaced with a new one (not a refurb) and I have not been able to load any kernels at all and get past the M logo. I am running SS4.6 with chevy's stock kernal with no problems, loaded and booted perfectly.

By the way, 4.6 is the shiznit! runs circles around everything else I've tried!
  9. Jon8RFC

Jon8RFC New Member

Looks like I'm squared away. I grabbed the 1.0ghz in /misc/ and it worked, then tried a 1.1 lowv, which worked, then went back to p3droid and tried (like originally) to fire up 0.8 lowV, which also worked!

Did you change the entire set of everything, or did something just get loaded up on the 1.0 that is lingering and working with the others now?

Regardless, I think I'm all squared away, thanks!

This isn't the right thread, but rather than spam--is there any way I can customize the multiplier, or whatever is used to set the different frequency levels? I'm interested in custom frequencies for fine-tuning my battery saving and performance, as well as having one exclusively for charging so that I can charge quickly at the lowest speed possible.
  10. bdhanf@gmail.com

bdhanf@gmail.com New Member

Hi, I tried using your kernels early today and was experiencing the boot loops. I just tried again and all seems good. Thanks so much!
  11. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i was having problems with bootlooping yesterday on the test kernel. i just flashed one of these, and it's working fine - thanks!!
  12. ghostheel

ghostheel New Member

Just tried out the ULV 800mhz kernel again, works like a champ! Thank you so much chevy! Your kernels are the heat, I only run yours on my droid.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  13. ChevyNo1

Glad they are working for everyone now!