bootlooping

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
When flashing a rom, have you ever gotten the never ending bootloop? I was trying out Rubix tonight and something went horribly wrong when my Precious (Droid X) started to boot. I had nothing but the stupid "cube thing" loading over and over. My Precious is dead! Gotta flash SBF right? WRONG! If this happens to you, do a battery pull, hold the home key down, while you put replace the battery. You will boot into the real Factory recovery and although you can't retreive any backups, you can factory reset. This is a helluva lot better than flashing an SBF! My Precious didn't reset exactly, but it forced it to load. I was then able to reload my apps and go to ClockworkMod recovery and load my backups.
Go ahead and tell your friends. I hope this helps and saves you hours of time.

smitty6750

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me and I tried same thing ur talking about and ut was a No go

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory reset will not get rid of a ROM. It will wipe all data/cache on the ROM you are currently running. So if you put rubiX on your phone and wanted to get rid of it you would have to install new ROM or run your nandroid backup.

OP
Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Everyone's a critic. My point is that once you are in a bootloop, you're pretty much screwed without a computer or flashing the SBF. Holding the home key, runs you into recovery. From there, selecting factory reset, actually forces the rom to load and clears the bootloop. I never said that it would get rid of the rom.
If you only clear data/cache it doesn't do anything but that. The bootloop starts all over again when you restart. You have to select factory reset to force the rom onto the phone.

icekyoob

Reaction score
When flashing a rom, have you ever gotten the never ending bootloop? I was trying out Rubix tonight and something went horribly wrong when my Precious (Droid X) started to boot. I had nothing but the stupid "cube thing" loading over and over. My Precious is dead! Gotta flash SBF right? WRONG! If this happens to you, do a battery pull, hold the home key down, while you put replace the battery. You will boot into the real Factory recovery and although you can't retreive any backups, you can factory reset. This is a helluva lot better than flashing an SBF! My Precious didn't reset exactly, but it forced it to load. I was then able to reload my apps and go to ClockworkMod recovery and load my backups.
Go ahead and tell your friends. I hope this helps and saves you hours of time.

Thank God for you! This saved my phone and my weekend. :)