Bootloop

Lanmonster

Reaction score
I downloaded and flashed Gummynex exactly, step by step with the instructions and it has been stuck on the Gummy boot animation for about 7 minutes. What should I do?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
First thing I'd try is a battery pull and reboot. If it still loops, I'd boot into recovery and wipe data and reinstall gapps.Then boot again. If it still loops, I'd boot into recovery and wipe system and data. Then reinstall the ROM and gapps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

speedy328

Reaction score
Also installed Gummy flawlessly. Then went back to "restore data" and am now stuck on "Gummy" with dots beneath. Been this way7 a long time. Did batter pull several times with no change. Tried to boot into Recovery (Vol down + Power) and get START arrow and Android and beneath it "Downloading". Tiny red letters in upper left that I think say "Odin Mode." Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Volume down and power takes you to Odin mode...you have to hold both volume buttons down and power to get to fast boot. You can then scroll to recovery using a volume button and select with power

speedy328

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I was able to figure that out finally. Went through several re-installs, etc. and "discovered" that after re-installing gummy zip and gapps and rebooting if I then tried to restore data I would get that freeze again. If there a way to restore data after installing a new ROM?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You never want to restore system data between ROMs. If you want to restore app data, get Titanium backup.

citronbull

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I was on Gummyjar Nexus for 2 weeks. I didnt have a backup and I dont have the ROM zip installed on the phone, I believe I deleted it by accident. Help!!