Bootloop when changing lockscreen

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the rotary lockscreen and tried to go back to the stock and I keep getting bootloops. Anyone have a fix?

catpaws

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I went back to stock lock screen and didn't have any bootloops. I realize that doesn't help you, but I'm not sure what to tell you.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :-(

Jamiunro99

Reaction score
mine was doing the exact same thing, very frustrating...I finally got it to work by installing normal lockscreen like 6 times, waiting like 15 minutes then rebooting. Started kind of slow but after a few restarts as good as new. Good luck

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had a similar problem with bootloops when I tried to change the font. I ended up having to perform a nandroid backup. I now perform a backup before I make any kind of change like that. Doesn't help you, I know, but maybe prepares you for next time!?!?!

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with bootloops when I tried to change the font. I ended up having to perform a nandroid backup. I now perform a backup before I make any kind of change like that. Doesn't help you, I know, but maybe prepares you for next time!?!?!

yep i had perfomed a nandroid before attempting, so that wasn't a problem. i followed the advice of the poster above you and just reinstalled it a couple more times and it worked fine.