Bootloop on SMS send

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Mr Sherry, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mr Sherry

Mr Sherry Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this should probably be in the bug list but after searching through it for a while i thought i should try to see if there are solutions to this out there.
    I have a D1 running SS 5.6 and i have noticed that messaging as a whole seems a little "off". My texts take way longer to send than usual, sometime they dont send at all if i exit handcest before the message sends. Then the most annoying of all, sometimes after attempting to send a text my phone will reboot and then do a "delay bootloop" every time my phone tries to resend that text.
    Some things ive done to try to fix it:
    Fix permissions (tried a billion times and has yet to help)
    Changes kernels ( tried different voltages and speeds but because of the bug that resets max/min on reboot it doesnt seem to help much at all)
    Clean install 5.6 from scratch
    Install 5.6 over 5.6
    install 5.6 over nandroid backup of 5.5

Could this just be because i have abused my D1 with so many roms and kernels over the years and its just starting to crap out on me or are other people haveing this issue?

2. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like handcent. IMO that app is buggy. Seen others have problems with this app.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

3. Mr Sherry

Mr Sherry Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, ive been using it for so long i forgot that it wasnt stock, ill kill it and see how it acts

4. Mr Sherry

Mr Sherry Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after uninstalling Hancent, fixing permissions and using the stock messenger for a while. im still occasionally getting the bootloops although they are more rare now then they were with handcent

5. Sixonefour

Sixonefour Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with ufcfan72 about Handcent.

My suggestion would be to wipe it clean, and start over. Don't use anything to restore your data/apps. It takes a little time but is usually well worth your efforts.