Bootloop after app install

pauldemonkey

Reaction score
I am running gummy v.9 and after installing a few apps the phone will go into a boot loop. It happens just as an app is about done installing, the phone just instantly shuts off and starts the boot loop. My only resort after wiping cache doesn't work is to wipe data. Obviously this is becoming annoying having to wipe data at least once a week. I have used gummy 7,7.6,8.1, and 9. Versions numbers may not be exact. I have also used cwm and cwm touch beta. I have also run codename once and I think I had the same problem but I cannot remember for sure. Do you guys have any suggestions for fixing this? I'm thinking about flashing back to stock and then rooting again.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Have you tweaked your kernel setup at all? Undervolted, overclocked, changed governor, changed scheduler, overclocked GPU.... or possibly something else that can potentially cause some instability.

Do you restore data after you wipe data? If so are you restoring system data?

I know Gummy has a newer version than .9 out (1.0.1 was out as of last night).

OP
P

pauldemonkey

Reaction score
I will try 1.0.1 here in a minute but it will take a few days to know for sure. I have not installed any special kernels, but i think i changed my governor through gummy settings. However, this was a while ago and i haven't tweaked anything on the past 5-6 installs. I do not restore data, just a fresh install everytime. I also checked the md5 for some of the rom files i was using and they all checked out.

OP
P

pauldemonkey

Reaction score
and so i tried 1.0.1. After a few hours i tried to make a phone call. Upon finishing the phone call it took me back to the phone log as normal, then shut off and went into a bootloop. Now, i hadn't done a data wipe before installing so that could have caused it this time around. Since it did bootloop, i have done a data/cache wipe and re installed 1.0.1 and everything is running ok at the moment. Should i just unroot it back to stock and then root it again?