Bootloader

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its because everyone is trying to get in. Hold tight, the supported devices page isn't even up yet.

jaybogg

Reaction score
There is an article on Droid-Life on a Moto web page to unlock bootloaders. Any chance the Razr will be supported?

Unlock My Device – Droid Life

Moto Site: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

I've been trying to log in but it just hangs.

The Droid Life Link is updated and lists 4 devices; RAZR Developer Edition, Xoom, Xoom WiFi, and Photon Q. The Moto link you listed has another link that lists the same four devices. The Xoom is shown as a Verizon device. Maybe Verizon is starting to come around as well as Moto. Looks like we (RAZR owners) will be waiting a bit longer, like until we upgrade to a new device that is supported.

IanG

Reaction score
Looks like we (RAZR owners) will be waiting a bit longer, like until we upgrade to a new device that is supported.
How do you figure? They JUST released this tool... they will be supporting more devices as time passes. It's quite early to be jumping to conclusions like that.

To the OP, none of us know. It's purely speculation. I guess the answer is "Probably, with no guarantees".

jaybogg

Reaction score
How do you figure? They JUST released this tool... they will be supporting more devices as time passes. It's quite early to be jumping to conclusions like that.

To the OP, none of us know. It's purely speculation. I guess the answer is "Probably, with no guarantees".

It was meant as sarcasm, referring to the months and months of waiting RAZR owners endured after being told ICS was coming soon at the time of purchase. My humor is a bit dry at times, sorry I was not clearer it was meant as such. Probably should have thrown in a few icons!!:icon_eek::):biggrin::happy3:

sline-dawg

Reaction score
I'm afraid Moto will do exactly as they did in Europe...... sell a developer phone that can be unlocked, and not unlock ALL razrs...... Maybe a trade in program ???? yeah, right.......:crazy::crazy: