Bootloader:)

dags5000

Reaction score
for bionics case, i believe at the request of verizon, motorola added the protection to encrypt and lock the bootloader. you need the keys and decryption method to be able to bypass the protection they put in place so that you can not modify the kernel. just google it, all over the web.

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Oh no i know i have like i said just thoughts n i didnt know who truly generates the encryption signature.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Id be nice if there waiting to unlock it for isc. The phone was designed with isc in mind. Bootloader locked sucks ha

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Maybe we need to go oldschool with it and. Protest Verizon and or moto

dags5000

Reaction score
do a quick google search and you'll find that this has already happened and probably still is occuring. one example is here:

Petition Online if you do more google searches you'll find all sorts of articles on this and customer's being unhappy, many switching from motorola products. Motorola made claims they would soften up and allow a way to unlock it in the near future, but no changes have yet been made and from what I read, verizon still has a say in this as well.

As of now, I myself am not that worried about it. The bionic should receive ICS at some point anyway through an official update and until then, you can still load custom gingerbread roms as root was obtained long ago. Overclocking is not something i care about as the phone is incredibly fast already, so i see no need for that.

Anyways, we'll see what happens

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
And i have googled it everyday lol. But yeah i love the phone id like to over clock it but im more or less wanting to get kernals that support ext2,3,4 so i can run linux mint or some form of linx os... but the isc update will hopefully unlock it it requires a new kernal n such so.
But the phone itself i have no issues with:)

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Ubuntu is working on mobile o.s. now.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Overclocked has bern obtained ... running 1.5 ghz.. 6250 antutu.. 3250 quadrant. 80-90s multithread linpack. Sup rzr? :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joe zack

Reaction score
i remember a customer brought a boinic phone with aptern user lock..................there was no way to unlock cuz as you guys mention the boot loader is lock and we tried every software with rsd hard reset but no luck...sombody told me the bootloader was lock with high speed computers using Asymmetric encryption algorithm...

matthew2478

Reaction score
ex0rcist said:
Overclocked has bern obtained ... running 1.5 ghz.. 6250 antutu.. 3250 quadrant. 80-90s multithread linpack. Sup rzr? :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
how does it run on 1.5 GHz. And do u have any problems because I remember I had problems at 1.4 GHz

dfcfu342

Reaction score
The Bionic uses a 256 bit AES encryption key. So far the best hackers have only been able to break a 64 bit code and it took weeks. That means it would take decades at best to crack a 256 bit encryption so its not looking good.

joe zack

Reaction score
so mean there no other altrnative way to flash the phone ,,,,,,,,,,,msmbootloader is lock for ever?

joe zack

Reaction score
thank you dfcfu342,,,,for ur respond i allredy try everything but the bootloader still lock...........thankx again