Bootloader unlocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
eh... to little to late, already got the THB and got to say it's SOOOO NICE to be back to HTC... their build quality is just so much better than Moto's and though it was 'locked' I already have mine rooted and a stripped ROM installed. Goodbye Moto for good!!!!!!

oldblue

Reaction score
I really hope this is legit. I was about to jump ship to HTC. This could save my Moto future. Wait is it April 1st yet? Right?

echonaut

Reaction score
eh... to little to late, already got the THB and got to say it's SOOOO NICE to be back to HTC... their build quality is just so much better than Moto's and though it was 'locked' I already have mine rooted and a stripped ROM installed. Goodbye Moto for good!!!!!!

I've always felt that HTC's build quality was sub-par, and that the hardware -- and the build quality -- of Moto's handsets were about as good as you could find. Which, of course, compounded the tragedy of such amazing hardware having such huge limitations on the software.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've always felt that HTC's build quality was sub-par, and that the hardware -- and the build quality -- of Moto's handsets were about as good as you could find. Which, of course, compounded the tragedy of such amazing hardware having such huge limitations on the software.

I agree. I love the hardware of Moto's phone's.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Grr... I'm supposed to be studying but since I saw this last night I can't concentrate on anything else lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So now,
Updates from moto= bad and not something to go back to stock for anymore?

Sent from my DROID2

yeah if this becomes a thing we won't want updates anymore because they will probably plug the hole. we will get updates specifically from our rom developers including minor updates and updates to new versions of android like gingerbread etc

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those not following FreeMyMoto on Twitter, a couple of interesting tweets in the last hour:

FreeMyMoto
I've been using the wrong terminology. What @nenolod posted were "fingerprints", not "signatures". My apologies. 38 minutes ago

FreeMyMoto
@Soy_Filipo Perhaps my key analogy was bad. It's more like he gave us the riddle to find the keys. 51 minutes ago

jbrock98

Reaction score
For those not following FreeMyMoto on Twitter, a couple of interesting tweets in the last hour:

FreeMyMoto
I've been using the wrong terminology. What @nenolod posted were "fingerprints", not "signatures". My apologies. 38 minutes ago

FreeMyMoto
@Soy_Filipo Perhaps my key analogy was bad. It's more like he gave us the riddle to find the keys. 51 minutes ago

Yeah those tweets make me feel like nothing will come of this (but this stuff if way over my head) I'm hoping the last 7-9 months of my DX's life b4 upgrade will be completely free

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tb110895

Reaction score
So now,
Updates from moto= bad and not something to go back to stock for anymore?

Sent from my DROID2

yeah if this becomes a thing we won't want updates anymore because they will probably plug the hole. we will get updates specifically from our rom developers including minor updates and updates to new versions of android like gingerbread etc

Sweet. We'll get better updates and we'll get them faster too

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

FreeMyMoto

FreeMyMoto

Yeah those tweets make me feel like nothing will come of this (but this stuff if way over my head) I'm hoping the last 7-9 months of my DX's life b4 upgrade will be completely free

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually those tweets could be good news... most of the ppl claiming this to be fake point to the length of the "keys" as being too short. The fact that they are signatures and not the actual keys could explain that. Apparently, nenolod (or somebody, I'm losing track of everything I've read today :) ) has said something to the effect that moto used an unusual method to generate the signatures and that is why the lengths are different... don't quote me on that though lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.