Bootloader stuck!!

Nblufire12

Reaction score
hey guys

i was on the latest official gingerbread firmware on my droid x 2.3.4

i tried following this http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Motorola_Droid_X:_Full_Update_Guide

b
ut i didnt read this

WARNING: The 2.3.4 OTA release, the bootloader was patched to version 30.04. If an attempt is made to downgrade to an earlier version through the SBF method below, the bootloader will throw an error and the phone will not boot.

Now when I boot I get stuck in the bootloader with Mem Map Blank and error code
error a5,70,70,001f

how do i fix this?

im using rsd lite, im guessing i just need the right sbf? can someone point me in the right direction before i run out of battery!?!?​

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
so i finally got it fixed and im good to go.

but im not rooted still :(

is there still a solution to root on 2.3.4?

at one point i was rooted with a custom recovery but i tried flashing a custom rom that was on the wrong kernel i guess and it wouldnt flash

and i had already wiped data and cache with no backup so i was screwed...

which rom should i flash and how do i re-root?!

thansk

leftspin

Reaction score
no root for .621, you're gonna have to flash the Milestone .602 SBF and root that to flash a ROM.

leftspin

Reaction score
There's a one click utility, google D3 one click root. Also I messed up, you need the .604 Milestone SBF, I typed the wrong number. 602 won't work

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
ahh so downgrade through rsd lite, then use one click, then flash bootstrap for cwm, then flash CM 7.2??

leftspin

Reaction score
I'll write it out in detail for ya

1. Downgrade to the Milestone build using RSD (remember to do a data wipe after it finishes)
2. Root using D3 One Click
3. Download ROM Manager from the market and install CWM Recovery
4. Download D2 Bootstrap or DX Bootstrap from the market, run "Bootstrap Recovery" and then "Reboot Recovery" (DX Bootstrap will only work if you turn USB Debugging off)
5. Once you're rebooted into CWM Recovery wipe cache, data and dalvik cache (under "advanced"), then install the ROM zip from the SD Card

Make sure you use this version of CM7- Updated Info On RevNumbers CM4DX-GB(5/22/2012, HDMI Out, 1% Battery, No Charge LED, FM radio, Charge While Off) - CyanogenMod [shadow] - RootzWiki, any other version is for the FroYo kernel and would softbrick your phone if you flashed them and you'd have to start all of this over

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
do you use that cm7 rom? is is stable or buggy? this is for my dads phone

im running aokp milestone 6 on my lte gnex so im used to no frills

Savagerun

Reaction score
It's been a long time since i ran cm7 and i think development on it stopped almost 2 months ago. Pooka who was maintaining it will be maintaining aokp after 13thangel does his final update of aokp M6. Angel is busy working on other ics roms and will start working on jellybean with BMc. You'll just have to check out the link leftspin provided for you to find out what's working on cm7 and what isn't. I think for the most part it's very solid. There's alot of roms available for the droidx which you'll find thread links to in the development section of various droidx forums so you can read up on them and try them out for yourself. If you need links to anything just ask. Overall the roms are very simple to flash so there's really no reason not to try out most of them. Since your on 621 if you want to try out the blur based roms you'll need to used the patched version of those roms but with 2nd init roms like cm7, ics, miui, liquid etc. you can flash those as they are. Here's a good thread link by goose that should answer alot of questions you may have http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/45783-important-info-621-update.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
You'll need to do the 604 milestone sbf using the linux iso sbf method. If you use rsdlite to do the 604 sbf it will change your radio to non Verizon. You'll find the 604 linux sbf here Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems which also has the Zergrush root method built into the file.

i did this earlier and it worked but now it wont work again, do i HAVE to use it or can use RSD lite to flash to 602?

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
You'll need to do the 604 milestone sbf using the linux iso sbf method. If you use rsdlite to do the 604 sbf it will change your radio to non Verizon. You'll find the 604 linux sbf here <a href="http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html" target="_blank">http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html</a> which also has the Zergrush root method built into the file. <br>
<br>
<br><br>i did this earlier and it worked but now it wont work again, do i HAVE to use it or can use RSD lite to flash to 602?