Bootloader like new phone.

tkileh

Reaction score
So I've tried ROMs and launcher since I've had a droid and well mainly this post is for people thinking of going for a diff phone htc1 or GS4. Before you do . do some re search find out how to root and unlock boot loader and try a fresh kernel. I was in the same boat wanting a new phone . and I must say now after installing CyanogenMod and unlock boot loader it gave me that fresh phone feeling again as if I had a new toy although I've had the maxx HD since launch I no longer have the jitters to get a new phone. I don't know how long it will last but for now till a better more desirable phone comes out it has stopped my addiction haha . maybe try the same for yourself :) just saying.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So I've tried ROMs and launcher since I've had a droid and well mainly this post is for people thinking of going for a diff phone htc1 or GS4. Before you do . do some re search find out how to root and unlock boot loader and try a fresh kernel. I was in the same boat wanting a new phone . and I must say now after installing CyanogenMod and unlock boot loader it gave me that fresh phone feeling again as if I had a new toy although I've had the maxx HD since launch I no longer have the jitters to get a new phone. I don't know how long it will last but for now till a better more desirable phone comes out it has stopped my addiction haha . maybe try the same for yourself :) just saying.

Willing to try it, did it get rid of the lag? I mean look at the HTC One, almost ZERO lag. And I can provide videos of this.

OP
tkileh

tkileh

Reaction score
Yea the phone is flawless now. Have yet to see a bit of lag. Yes the ROM is in beta but it has close to no real big issues. And battery and signal are excellent.

KaChow

Reaction score
Willing to try it, did it get rid of the lag? I mean look at the HTC One, almost ZERO lag. And I can provide videos of this.

Your looking at a video under a stock lens. HTC does make a nice phone, problem I've had with HTC is their phones are non-responsive without a battery pull and they don't make that style anymore (will never own another.) If you want to reduce lag, the way to do so is through Root at least, Verizon phones contain entirely too much garbage that results in slow performance. Root is the cure to that, but at the same time reducing too much results in lag as well if it is not done properly. Are there ROMs like CM10.1 that can improve this sure, but there are also trade-offs, 4.2.2 doesn't have a camcorder, or important doesn't pinpoint gps accurately. Reducing lag comes down to being aware of what you might gain in order to lose or reduce, but also what might be sacrificed, nothing is flawless all the time expectations need to have a reasonable outcome. As far as I'm concerned the best ROM is a stock 4.1.1, complete stripped of bloatware (that ROM could take a beating and still perform on 2-3 day charge), issues of course we all know of, but it was the best performing when done right. Glad I still have a backup.:biggrin: