Bootloader Crack Imminent

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I say have smart excitement. Keep supporting and providing ideas but lets not get ahead of myself. I say we come together and bring the minds together. I am excited that we can make something happen. We may have to approach it by attacking with more than one approach. Lets do it.

CellZealot

Reaction score
I am not giving up...but then I never made any outrageous claims about how close we are either. I just think people need to have a great deal more patience and take a longer view of this. It's extremely challenging and if anyone succeeds I will be very pleasantly surprised.

I make every effort to maintain my humility and bear that in mind whenever I am feeling frustrated, everyone should consider doing likewise.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not giving up...but then I never made any outrageous claims about how close we are either. I just think people need to have a great deal more patience and take a longer view of this. It's extremely challenging and if anyone succeeds I will be very pleasantly surprised.

I make every effort to maintain my humility and bear that in mind whenever I am feeling frustrated, everyone should consider doing likewise.

agreed.............its not like everyone is stepping up ready to take it on..

CellZealot

Reaction score
I am very excited by how much I have learned throughout this and continue to learn from my cohorts and others! That is the only reason I am involved at all and I couldn't be happier than to be working with the group of folks I am involved with...it's exhilarating. :D

diab0lik

Reaction score
You can mod EVERYTHING on the D2 that you could on the D1, w/the exception of replacing/overclocking the kernel.

We have a 1GHz kernel, so that's really not a big issue.

You can, on a D2:

- Wifi tether
- Apply themes
- Install ROMs
- Modify build.prop
- Underclock your kernel in certain situations to save battery life

The only thing we're missing is a fully de-blurred ROM at this point, which I realize some people want a lot, but we should not lose site of the fact that there is a lot we can already do now. :)

Being that moto is going to release the droid pro and r2d2 droid with a 1200 processor (overclocking the droid 2 processor) I am pushing for the devs to crack it.

Oh i agree, it will be better when the bootloader is cracked...aside from overclocking, chief among the issues resolved for me would be allowing access to CW Recovery via power on/X button.

just an fyi....

if you pull the battery during boot with CW Recovery on there, and then boot the phone back up it will boot into clockwork.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being that moto is going to release the droid pro and r2d2 droid with a 1200 processor (overclocking the droid 2 processor) I am pushing for the devs to crack it.

Oh i agree, it will be better when the bootloader is cracked...aside from overclocking, chief among the issues resolved for me would be allowing access to CW Recovery via power on/X button.

just an fyi....

if you pull the battery during boot with CW Recovery on there, and then boot the phone back up it will boot into clockwork.

Pull the battery when the boot animation appears.

xmguy

Reaction score
Hope! - xda-developers

Since the Droid 2 bootloader is the same as the one found on the Droid X both phones should be seeing it released around the same time. Reading further in the thread some some one claims that Cyanogen is going to be coming to the new Droids once the crack is mainstream.

So chin up fellow Droid 2 lovers, after 2 grueling months the floodgates are about to be opened.
I would like to see the bootloader cracked, I'd feel much more comfortable rooting my Droid with SPRecovery. I'm assuming of course that would be possible once the bootloader is cracked.

Ditto. I'd turn down a Droid 2 or X as a replacement for my Droid 1. (unless that's all that was available). I've been in situations were Nandroid backups have gotten me out of some jams.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hope! - xda-developers

Since the Droid 2 bootloader is the same as the one found on the Droid X both phones should be seeing it released around the same time. Reading further in the thread some some one claims that Cyanogen is going to be coming to the new Droids once the crack is mainstream.

So chin up fellow Droid 2 lovers, after 2 grueling months the floodgates are about to be opened.
I would like to see the bootloader cracked, I'd feel much more comfortable rooting my Droid with SPRecovery. I'm assuming of course that would be possible once the bootloader is cracked.

Ditto. I'd turn down a Droid 2 or X as a replacement for my Droid 1. (unless that's all that was available). I've been in situations were Nandroid backups have gotten me out of some jams.

You know we have custom recovery (Clockwork Recovery) on the D2, right?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know we have custom recovery (Clockwork Recovery) on the D2, right?

Yeah. I know you do. I don't want to use clockwork, I want to use SPRecovery.

I'm stubborn that way. :)

Traditionalist. :)

I held on to SP Recovery for a really long time, but finally switched and found I liked CW Recovery better. Lucky me. :D

wmnomore

Reaction score
Does that mean birdman is giving up on dx or he is done with bootloader?