Bootloader Crack Imminent

wmnomore

Reaction score
"You know Slayher has a booting version of CM6 running on a D2 right? :) He put up a video of it in a thread here..."
This is AOSP, not CM6.
And i have to correct an earlier post that R2D2 is not running @ 1.2 ghz. It runs @ 1ghz.

Good luck on getting this going, i am interested in seeing what this processor does at 1.2. or maybe 1.5?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
"You know Slayher has a booting version of CM6 running on a D2 right? :) He put up a video of it in a thread here..."
This is AOSP, not CM6.
And i have to correct an earlier post that R2D2 is not running @ 1.2 ghz. It runs @ 1ghz.

Good luck on getting this going, i am interested in seeing what this processor does at 1.2. or maybe 1.5?

Yeah, I've gotten sloppy, tend to use ASOP and CM6 interchangeably...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is AOSP, not CM6.

Well cvpcs is close with obsidian, which is sapphire for the droid x. Once done he will release everything needed to build a source built rom for the droid x, and later the droid 2.

Vid of Obsidian here:

Ccroms.net

Sent from my Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The signed update.zip idea would probably be a better approach. And if we can do that we can also use it to fix people's broke phones. Where if they cant get into cw they can recover their phone through the stock recovery image.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is AOSP, not CM6.

Well cvpcs is close with obsidian, which is sapphire for the droid x. Once done he will release everything needed to build a source built rom for the droid x, and later the droid 2.

Vid of Obsidian here:

Ccroms.net

Sent from my Droid

SHouldn't you be at school. I sure hope you not wasting your teacher's time by being on the forums. We may have to talk with the admin about blocking your access during school hours.

evilsock

Reaction score
so this means it will happen for sure? i dont care to wait, but i miss cm from my d1 and of course since i had to have the d2 on the day it came out , i never have played with cm6, the rc didnt work for me and cm6 came out pretty much the same day as the d2. i miss cm somthin crazy. so dont toy with my heart. is it really gonna happen?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When someone says it's "imminent" I believe that means any time now. Not 4 days ago when this thread got started.

I believe it will happen, but just not as soon as I was led to believe at the start of this thread.

evilsock

Reaction score
yea but i read the whole thing and couldnt find anything that was aside from heresay.
i just dont want another "2.1 is coming tomorrow" debacle., lol
im not a doubter or trying to start anything i just dont wannna get my hopes high yet.

MrKleen

Reaction score
They were just kidding everyone! April fools!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Vid of Obsidian here:

Ccroms.net

Sent from my Droid

SHouldn't you be at school. I sure hope you not wasting your teacher's time by being on the forums. We may have to talk with the admin about blocking your access during school hours.

LOL, I totally missed this!

Yes, I was in class at that time, but the teacher didn't care. We also had no work in that class to do. :p

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm....Koush's CM ROMs used the stock D1 moto kernel (albeit w/OC enabled so you could clock it to 800). You should take a look at Slayher's video in the thread...I've only seen it w/sound off (watched it at work) so don't know what he says about it during the video. :)

Interesting idea about signing...I don't have any idea which is harder, as my programming skills started and ended w/DOS batch files... :(

Sounds like the TV is on :)

Damn...you are good! :D

Goog about what? Guessing the TV was on? Hehe...If I can name the show would I be great ;) Law & Order : LA...first episode :)

patchm00

Reaction score
Unless it's a new version of Android or a critical fix (And from what I can tell on my phone there is nothing critical that needs fixing) I'm avoiding any OTA updates as to not screw up what I've already managed to modify. From what I understand, the leaked OTA update (2.3.5) doesn't really change much, in my eyes it's not really worth touching when it finally does make it's way over the air.

For me 2315 haa fixed some important issues.
1. Wifi much more stable. No more toggling on off.
2. Can use corp sync for my exchange account without pin required
2a. This also means hands free BT in car

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The signed update.zip idea would probably be a better approach. And if we can do that we can also use it to fix people's broke phones. Where if they cant get into cw they can recover their phone through the stock recovery image.

I think that is something I am going to *TRY* to look into. Would make it easier if there was an OTA update zip file floating around. I really don't want to go back to the origina ROM, oh wait the SBF is the latest OTA so never mind...

Would anyone happen to have the last OTA update?