Bootloader 30.04 No matter what..

tomi_glz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me. I have tried everything. The problem was that I tried to SBF back to froyo .230, I was sure I checked the version I had was .605, because I was checking the cm7 wikiz to downgrade to .230...Got the Bootloader 30.04 Err:A5,70,70,00,F1 MEM..somethingelse...I have already tried the linux with iso methods on cd and usb..Still get the same thing..I don't even have to press the camera,down volume, and power to get to the bootloader 30.04..gives me the error just by connecting the usb cable..Have tried all the 4.8,4.9,5.44,5.6 RSD lite..and all the SBF the good ones..I even tried the .621 but it fails..I have a universal wall charger so don't worry about charged battery..any clues on how to get it back working..desperate and poor xDD..don't have money for another phone..I can't get to recovery or anything else..just what I mentioned earlier. I hope someone can help..thankk you for any response in advanced..

LoFi

Reaction score
Having the same issue with a buddy's DX... Can't seem to find an answer out there.

If anyone asks, here are the steps I've taken...

- Looked around for solution and found that he needs to SBF to .621 if already on it
- SBF'd the .621 using the file found here: Droid X SBF Files - Motorola SBF Files
- Getting Code Corrupt

SBF'ng to the new .621 is not working.
Using the most up-to-date RSD, and Moto Drivers.

Any help for tomi_glz and I will be greatly appreciated.

gunner8168

Reaction score
If you have all the drivers on your pc good to go and if you get a successful flash but are stuck in a bootloop then enter stock recovery by holding both power and home and using the volume keys to scroll up and down highlight factory reset let it do its thing then when given the option in the menu to reboot do it. Having to do a factory reset after an sbf is very common.... Also when doing an sbf you must be using an OEM cable the cheap ones found on the Internet will not work and neither will the ones you get at verizon anyway I hope I was able to help if not then I hope someone else can add to this to get both of you phones up and running

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

LoFi

Reaction score
Not really helpful for me. The phone is stuck at the bootloader with a "Code Corrupt" error. Thanks for trying though.

Sent from my DROIDX

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you already get the x.621 update?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

LoFi

Reaction score
My friend says he did, but I can't verify that other than taking his word for it.

I did, however, received Err:A5,70,70,00,F1 when I tried SBF'ng to .602 and 2.2.1, which seems to indicate the attempt at backwards SBF'ng from .621.

To be honest, it's been a while since I've been on these forums and didn't even know about the .621 update until this SBF issue lead me to do some Google'ing. All I have found so far is that this can be fixed by SBF'ng .621, but all attempts have ended in failure for me.

I can try to provide more info, just let me know what you need to know, and consider it posted.

casper55117

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me. I have tried everything. The problem was that I tried to SBF back to froyo .230, I was sure I checked the version I had was .605, because I was checking the cm7 wikiz to downgrade to .230...Got the Bootloader 30.04 Err:A5,70,70,00,F1 MEM..somethingelse...I have already tried the linux with iso methods on cd and usb..Still get the same thing..I don't even have to press the camera,down volume, and power to get to the bootloader 30.04..gives me the error just by connecting the usb cable..Have tried all the 4.8,4.9,5.44,5.6 RSD lite..and all the SBF the good ones..I even tried the .621 but it fails..I have a universal wall charger so don't worry about charged battery..any clues on how to get it back working..desperate and poor xDD..don't have money for another phone..I can't get to recovery or anything else..just what I mentioned earlier. I hope someone can help..thankk you for any response in advanced..
1 are you sure that you tried to sbf.230 because to my knolage there is no .230 sbf for the droidx there is .320 .340 .596 .602 .605 and .621, 2nd are you using a motorola usb cable? what is the os on your computer, if you are using windows 7 are you running rdslite as admin,

LoFi

Reaction score
1 are you sure that you tried to sbf.230 because to my knolage there is no .230 sbf for the droidx there is .320 .340 .596 .602 .605 and .621, 2nd are you using a motorola usb cable? what is the os on your computer, if you are using windows 7 are you running rdslite as admin,

Tomi_glz doesn't seem to be responding in a timely manner but I can almost guarantee that he must have been mistaken on the .230 and meant .320. Can't answer his cable question though.

Maybe you can help me instead; I'm using the Moto OEM cable that came with my DX. PC OS is XP.

Sent from my DROIDX

casper55117

Reaction score
Tomi_glz doesn't seem to be responding in a timely manner but I can almost guarantee that he must have been mistaken on the .230 and meant .320. Can't answer his cable question though.

Maybe you can help me instead; I'm using the Moto OEM cable that came with my DX. PC OS is XP.

Sent from my DROIDX
what methid of sbf are you using? rds lite or linux. if rds lite what version are you using. where are you downloading your sbf files from. did you check the md5 on them. what bootloader version do you have.
edit just read your other post. try getting an older version of rds lite

OP
T

tomi_glz

Reaction score
Solved

Thanks for trying to help me..I've already got my droid x working again...here is what I did...after many sbfs with all sbfs..and all rsdlite and linux methods..

1. Installed XP..
2. Runned RSDLITE 4.8. -----> MAKE SURE CELLPHONE IS FULLY CHARGED..THAT WAS MY PROBLEM 2 TIMES..
3. When droid fully charged...Use the .621 full sbf ONLY...
4.I used a Thick LG usb cable I had from another cellphone..Also the motorola cable works.
5.Finished installing..
6.Removed battery..
7. Home and battery thing..
8. Miracle...

TIPS....I was even able..to sbf back to .304 using the milestone x sbf....then rooted and used a ROM 2nd init rom of my choice...

Thanks everyone for your help..Any questions are welcomed..

LoFi

Reaction score
Tomi, I really appreciate you posting your fix. I wil try my friends phone again with a full battery. You'll have to wait a while for my confirmation since I'm doing that from work.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
T

tomi_glz

Reaction score
LOFI..

Any question you have..or links to the programs you need..just reply...

lasherl

Reaction score
My phone is stuck on the same screen. I do not know how my phone got to this screen but ima trying to get my phone back and i do not know how can you help me also PLEASE Tomi. I would like to get my phone off this screen :blink:

sandler

Reaction score
Can get into recovery after flashing

Done it all and used all the known .sbf's and rsdlite's but I have 2 phones that will just stay on the red M logo when powered up. I can go into bootloader and flash but when I'm done, I try to hold the home power buttons to get into recovery and it just stays at the red M logo like it was at the beggining. Help

OP
T

tomi_glz

Reaction score
From my past experience that happened to me many times.
1. I recommend the linux sbf method.
2. Use another cable. I used to have the original motorola cable which didn't work. Use another good quality cable. Mine was a thick LG usb cable.

If you want me to guide you on which linux sbf to use and how to use it on pendrive or cd just reply back.