bootloader 2c6c HELP

gmmurphy

Reaction score
ok posted early today no answer, i got past the M.

bootloader 2c6c
batter ok
ok to program
transfer mode
usb.

used rsd lite flashed the sbf file. 100% complete manual power down.
could not power down. battery pull.
back to solid M screen, not looping

anyone?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
ok posted early today no answer, i got past the M.

bootloader 2c6c
batter ok
ok to program
transfer mode
usb.

used rsd lite flashed the sbf file. 100% complete manual power down.
could not power down. battery pull.
back to solid M screen, not looping

anyone?
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish by flashing your phone back to stock? That way you can get the best advice.

This is reportedly the SBF file for FRG01B, so try flashing that if you're trying to get to stock 2.2.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

And this is the SBF for stock 2.1.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_ESE81_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.03P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

And this is the SBF for SPRecovery.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_ ESE81_QSC6085BP_SPRECOVERY_UPDATE.sbf

Try flashing each of these, starting with SPRecovery, unless you want pure stock. If you can get SPRecovery in then the rest should be gravy. :)

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
trying to get a an un rooted phone back to life. never thought of my sig. throwing people off. this is a stock 2.1 that was plugged in for charging, it rebooted with out being prompted. now when powered on it sits on the M logo not looping. i wanted to reflash to get back to life. anything i have tried does not work. thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
trying to get a an un rooted phone back to life. never thought of my sig. throwing people off. this is a stock 2.1 that was plugged in for charging, it rebooted with out being prompted. now when powered on it sits on the M logo not looping. i wanted to reflash to get back to life. anything i have tried does not work. thanks
Try flashing the 2.2 SBF onto the phone. If it doesn't take, then drag the phone to a VZW store that can do a software update and tell them you got notice for the update, did what it told you to do, and now it's stuck at the M. That way, if they even look at the software, what you just said will mesh, and they'll do what they can to fix it.

Luxferro

Reaction score

The first thing you should try, if you haven't (you didn't tell us), is try to boot into recovery, and do a factory reset.

If you can't get into recovery, then proceed to RSDlite and sbf files.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
tried 2.2 sbf. failed flashing process. failed flashing process interface bp error sending ram download for bootloader. device api error.................................

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try pushing SPRecovery onto the phone -- if it takes you have more control over the phone and might be able to pull out of the loop. If it doesn't, just re-flash the 2.1 SBF. It's worth the time in this case.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Try pushing SPRecovery onto the phone -- if it takes you have more control over the phone and might be able to pull out of the loop. If it doesn't, just re-flash the 2.1 SBF. It's worth the time in this case.
good morning,
not sure i understand pushing sprecovery onto phone? is that done different than using rsd lite?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You use RSDLite to flash the SPRecovery SBF file. Once you have that on you can try all sorts of custom or even stock ROMs and kernels in the hopes one will boot. If none you try work you can then use one of the stock SBF files to put the stock ROM back on if the phone needs to go back in for service.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
yea i got that piece about flashing, i have flashed every sbf i can get my hands on. including the link you guys sent of the new 2.2. that failed altogether. i also flashed the sprecovery es81.sbf or something to that effect (at the office now)
the problem is i cannont boot to recovery, held my finger on the x power for 5 mins. it will not go. could it be dead, is there away to test to see if its possible to come back?
may have to consider her dead. cause the hammer is about to fall.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Before taking the hammer to her, pull the battery, reinsert, and charge the battery for two hours.

At that point, try holding the X and power till the phone lights up, then take your finger off the power button but keep holding the X. If it takes more than 30 seconds and the phone still wont' boot into recovery, pull the battery and take it out back and shoot it.

Well, don't do that. If there's insurance on it, attempt to flash the 2.2 SBF onto it one last time and then take it to the VZW store with a "look what the OTA did to my phone!" story. If not, don't break it. Yeah, it might be dead, but it might not.