bootloader 2c.6c

jessie2010

Reaction score
my motorola droid will not boot up. all i get on screen is...

bootloader
2c.6c

battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

any suggestions on how to fix. the phone is only about 6 weeks old. never been wet or dropped.

thanks

messenger13

Reaction score
This is the screen I get when my USB cable is connected to my laptop when I tried to boot my DROID. I'm assuming your DROID is not connected to the USB cable. But perhaps there is something in the USB port that is shorting it out, or something. Try blowing in there and see if it'll boot then. Sounds weird I know ... it's all I can think of.

Wincing Devil

Reaction score
I was gonna give my Geocoords, but the Droid crash
I just had this happen. I turned it off and back on again.

DroidError.jpg

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just had this happen also ... no fix???

Torm

Reaction score
I have the same Issue

I have the same problem, every time i try to restart my Droid i get
Bootloader
2c,6c

battery ok
Ok to program
connect usb
data cable

The only way i have been able to get my phone to boot is to turn it off and on over and over until it finally completes the boot sequence. I really want better solution to this problem because it seems that i have to restart the thing pretty regularly because of other issues

summerfish

Reaction score
I just had this happen to me today. I was charging my phone in my car and this morning I came out and it had this error, but mine stated Charging Low Battery. If we can pinpoint the reason we can help others. I'm running Smoked Glass Rom, 0.99.3.b SirPsycho. Those would be the only things that would cause any issues I would think.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Maybe verizon is trying to push an update and it's messing with some rooted phones? lmao

summerfish

Reaction score
Maybe verizon is trying to push an update and it's messing with some rooted phones? lmao
You know I was actually thinking that. When was the first push done for 2.0.1? If it's around the same time as those other posts, then we may be right.

tevoid

Reaction score
March 30th, 2010
I just got the same message on my phone. I've only had it about 4 months if that.
My wife and I have the same phone, but unfortunately I can't find out if hers is doing the same thing.
I do think the problem is related to either the type of usb cord used to connect to a PC or that it could have something to do with the operating system. Today was the first time I ever plugged my phone into a PC with Windows 7 to receive a charge.

summerfish

Reaction score
March 30th, 2010
I just got the same message on my phone. I've only had it about 4 months if that.
My wife and I have the same phone, but unfortunately I can't find out if hers is doing the same thing.
I do think the problem is related to either the type of usb cord used to connect to a PC or that it could have something to do with the operating system. Today was the first time I ever plugged my phone into a PC with Windows 7 to receive a charge.

I still stand by the fact that it's with each push. Mine was plugged into my car charger but the car was off so it wasn't charging and i found my phone with the error. Dunno...

MotoRolla

Reaction score
I don't know how many people other than myself had this issue, but I was able to clear it up after tons of frustration. My error was slightly different (it said CODE CORRUPT under the boot loader numbers) but all that it needed to work again was:
1. Removing the battery and MicroSD card.
2. Replacing the battery after about a minute
3. Booting (past the error) and properly shutting the phone down from the menu.
4. Remove battery, replace MicroSD, replace battery, reboot and serve.

Boots and reboots fine for me now.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I don't know how many people other than myself had this issue, but I was able to clear it up after tons of frustration. My error was slightly different (it said CODE CORRUPT under the boot loader numbers) but all that it needed to work again was:
1. Removing the battery and MicroSD card.
2. Replacing the battery after about a minute
3. Booting (past the error) and properly shutting the phone down from the menu.
4. Remove battery, replace MicroSD, replace battery, reboot and serve.

Boots and reboots fine for me now.

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but no one else in this thread seemed to post whether or not their phones have been modified from the original OS or not. I'm interested if it was a Verizon thing conflicting with user modifications such as rooting as ROM upgrades or if it was something else.

MotoRolla

Reaction score
My phone was stock except for forcing the 2.1 update with the file from google. I did not have it rooted, themed, or modified at all.

Andrew89

Reaction score
I just had this problem this morning, but mine was easily fixed. I pulled the battery and sd card, then replaced battery and booted it. Turned off phone and replaced my sd card and all was good!

PrawoJazdy

Reaction score
My phone is less than 2 months old. I love it and it does everything I need for business and pleasure. However Friday I got the update for 2.1 notification and began the install.

I accepted the update and the phone went to reboot after about 10 minutes of loading and install OTA.

The screen remained on the Droid "eye" screen for over an hour during the reboot. I plugged in the phone to the wall during this time and waited another hour.

After hour 2 I tried to turn off the phone. It wouldn't shut down. After another 20 minutes I decided to pull the battery.

I reinstalled the battery, got the Motorola "M" logo and then it booted up fine to homescreen. Phone froze at home screen. Could not touch anything including apps, app drawer, phone button, hard keys such as menu etc... In other words it was a very pretty electronic paperweight.

Repeated the above two steps for about an hour and then after my 10th or 11th attempt to remove the battery I got the boot loader screen with the error in this thread upon power up.

Pulled battery and SD card. Replaced battery and turned on phone. Got Motorola "M" logo. Then boot loader.

Repeated until Sunday and gave up after searching all the forums and trying every trick including reflash. Called Verizon warranty center.

Tried booting to safe mode and doing hard reset per Tech instructions. Would not boot to safe mode and could not get to home screen to reset the phone.

Called Verizon again this morning and they are overnighting me a new Droid. When it arrives I have to use my current battery, insert it into phone and boot up. Then send my current brick back to Verizon.

For the record, my phone liquid indicator shows no signs of water. Meaning its White with solid Red "X's" as is the battery's indicator. I've not dropped it, its never been wet or even used in the snow or brought into the bathroom during a shower. I've also never rooted the phone or installed non market approved apps or anything silly like the picture generating apps for phone calls. (whatever those are) I've babied it and read that most users had no troubles with the update.

Has anyone else had something similar?

I'm really happy they are over nighting me a new phone. It gives me some confidence in their customer service.

Last edited: