Booting Up & Over Clocking

micp1480

Reaction score
First, I have no real issues with this ROM, my only thing is that when I boot up my phone, it goes directly into Clockwork Mod recovery, and I just hit reboot, and I have to say the speed to get to the main screen is incredible. Other than that, which I can live with, nothing else. I have a question about the speed of the Kernel that comes with this ROM. I have Set CPU program and I see the default is set at maximum of 1000 MHZ and minimum at 300 MHZ. I can't set the max any higher, but the minimum I can set, what would happen if I step up the minimum one notch, which would be 600 MHZ.

MICP1480

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The phone may run a little hotter with a 600 minimum, but it'll be fine.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
My phone is not connected to a USB port when it reboots into Cloclwork Mod.I can live with this, but it's strange. Also, will my phone run any faster with the minimum bumped up from 300 MHZ to 600 MHZ? Thanks!

MICP1480

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, the maximum is the number you should worry about.

trook

Reaction score
You can set the max higher, there are overclock presets in your fission folder. I use jrummys d2/dx overclock app and I recommend it. You can't overclock your d2 with set cpu.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid, but where is my Fisson folder located? Thanks

MICP 1480

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, I went and purchased jrummys d2/dx overclock app, exactly what Trook said is what he was using, and I am very happy with this app, and may I say it's exactly what I was trying to achieve, and then plus some. Thank you very much.

MICP1480