Booting takes several tries since 5.02 update

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by JoeHockey, Apr 25, 2011.

1. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

I had been running 5.01 for a while and finally loaded the 5.02 update (did not wipe). Having several app problems that I'm still troubleshooting but the biggest problem is rebooting the phone. It is now taking 3-5 tries with battery pulls to get the phone to successfully boot. Generally the phone will start to load and just sit at the main screen. I can see the wallpaper and the sliders but they will not respond. After several tries it will boot, anyone have any ideas? I'm about ready to just go back to 5.01.
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

try booting into recovery and clearing dalvik cache and all cache from main menu. that worked for me when i had that issue. boot will take much long though for first one after clearing.
  3. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

You should wipe. Yes, you should DEFINITELY wipe!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

Have tried wiping Dalvik, did not fix the problem. I normally wipe before installing but read somewhere on the board that I didn't need to wipe between 5.01 and the 5.02 update.

To add further confusion to the fire I gave up yesterday and wiped my phone and installed the new CM7.02 and I'm still having the reboot issue so I'm assuming now it's not a PE issue. I'm going to try powering down instead of rebooting to see if that makes a difference.
  5. Zepius

Zepius New Member

next step i would try is to change kernels and voltages of the kernel. say you're using a LV... try a standard voltage
  6. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

I went back to PE 5.01 using stock kernel which is what I had before my problems started. If I continue to have the problem I will switch kernels as my next step.
  7. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

So it's been a while since I started this post, went back to 5.01 and most things are working well but rebooting still takes several tries. What voltage is the stock PE kernel and what do folks suggest I try instead?
  8. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

I think it might be time for you to upgrade! V6 blows 5.x out of the water!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

I had issues when I went from 5.01 to 5.02 and things are running smoothly for the most part so I'm not in a rush to upgrade yet...
  10. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

I think my problem has been solved. Switched to a standard voltage kernel and booting seems smooth again. Guess my old droid is getting tempermental in it's old age.