Booting Recovery on D2 (corrupted 0.8 install)

aliencam

Reaction score
I just installed 0.8 from the pro toolbox, and I was stupid enough not to wipe data first (it worked fine for the last three versions!), but now every boot is just "sorry! the application ________ has stopped unexpectedly" and there is such a high stack of these errors that I can't get into clockwordmod, the toolbox, or bootstrap recovery.

Anyway, I can't figure out any way to boot into recovery to restore my last backup. Is there a file I can put on the sdcard or a button combination? (holding volume up and power doesnt work, and i cant seem to get voldown+power or camera+power to do it either...)

tnygigles66

Reaction score
i got boot loops when I didn't wipe. Try holding "x" while booting, the at the "!" screen press both the up and down keys at the same time. go down to "wipe data/factory reset" then try to reboot. Let me know if that works for you.

OP
A

aliencam

Reaction score
Perfect! thank you so much, I haven't had to hold "x" to get to recovery since the first time I installed liberty so long ago, so I completely forgot about which key it was! I also don't know why I couldn't find that with google/forum search either... anyway, thank you.