booting into recovery shows gold android not /!\

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kahlem, Jul 14, 2010.

1. kahlem

kahlem New Member

I recently attempted to root my Droid and I have the ninja icon in my app drawer but no sighns of root access. When i Boot into recovery mode I get a gold android still instead of the /!\ I used to see. What do I do from here you guys? Please help. Rsd lite installed without a hitch. Did I miss something? Please help.
  2. kahlem

kahlem New Member

Ok well so now I'm running froyo 2.2 and everything seems to be running ok. Things are really slow though. Takes forever to load the market and takes a good while to load internet pages. Any suggestion on what to do from here? I posted here for suggestions when I got stuck but some how I figured them out myself on my latest post I did not get any replies on what to do. Please someone help me here now that I do have root and figured out how to install froyo 2.2
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Dial *22899
  4. kahlem

kahlem New Member

What does this do? My phone and messaging is working.
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you are seeing the android there should be a menu above the android and this is good. That is the recovery menu. You can navigate through the recovery menu using your volume keys. When you want to select an option you use your camera key. If you want to go back to the beginning menu use your power key.

The recovery menu is where you can install roms or themes that you have pushed to your sd card.

Hope this answers your questions.