1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Booting into clockwork from power off

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by fishacura, Oct 25, 2011.

1. fishacura

fishacura New Member

I know how to boot into clockwork from running the app, but is there a way to boot into clockwork from a power-off state? I know I can hold down M and power for ap fastboot and hold down volume keys and power for another boot menu but neither look like the clockwork menu. Is this possible?
  2. lizard

lizard New Member

What is your reason for wanting to do this. I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think I've ever read of anyone wanting to do this. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

This is necessary to do when you have a bootloop and can't get back into recovery.

If you have the newest version of Hashcode's CW recovery, you hold m, press power then go to bptools in the fastboot menu. Select bptools, and it should boot via 2nd-init into CW recovery.
  4. fishacura

fishacura New Member

GReat thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know how to do...just in case. I will check it out.

EDIT - Just tried it. Went to BP tools but it re-booted the phone....no recovery menu. I downloaded the bootstrap ap from the market. Is that not the latest one you reference?
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. ndoren

ndoren New Member

No, the market version doesn't allow entering CWM from a cold power up. You need a newer version, which isn't in the market. Download from here:

It's the last link on this page... Hash of Codes: Android Downloads
    Or simply click here: http://goo.gl/b4b6L

Please uninstall the current market app, first, before installing the above download.

I'm not sure why hashcode doesn't make this the official market version, but it is what it is. :) Neall
  6. Calen

Calen New Member

Don´t forget delet the files logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin in to logwrapper, all then in system/bins

i have to do this with the first bootstrap, if not you´re going to infinit looping with your droid 3....

For do this, you must have rooted your phone and enter on system bin with the root explorer and click on the rw butom (a full version).

After this instal the last one version of bootstrap...
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  7. fishacura

fishacura New Member

Thanks! I just did everything you said and now I have just longwrapper in my system files and no file named longwrapper.bin.

After I installed the tweaked version should I have both files or should I just show longwrapper because thats all I show right now?
  8. t1.8matt

t1.8matt New Member

Don't you have to delete hijack also from the system/bin?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  9. fishacura

fishacura New Member

Not sure? I never deleted any files and mine boots up just fine.
  10. t1.8matt

t1.8matt New Member

I have hijack, logwrapper, and logwrapper.bin in my system/bin folder. I just remember with my DROID 2 global when I wanted to delete koush's bootstrap, I had to delete hijack and logwrapper, and rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper. I didn't know if it was the same for the DROID 3 so that way you wont be able to ever get into cwm recovery again in case you have to return it for warranty reasons. Does anyone know if you still have to delete those two files for this phone to completely uninstall it? I'm just wondering because I want to install the updated bootstrap not from the market and it says to completely uninstall this bootstrap first.

11. Calen

Calen New Member

Huummmm.

I'm new on this, but i delete the hijack too.

But i hahe to post this: other day i mad a recovery with my first backup, and this is with the first bootstrap, the unoficial 4v and the phone is fine. I have to go and install bootstrap v5 again and click on the first option for a correct boot, because every time that i turn the phone on itshowme first the recovery menu , like if i pressed the "M" with power butom.

After this, is all fine....
  12. t1.8matt

t1.8matt New Member

I just deleted hijack and logwrapper an renamed logwrapper.bin after uninstalling and installed the new cwm and it worked like a charm.

Search tags for this page
boot clockwork s3 power off
boot into clockwork from power off
boot into clockwork from power off bionic
boot into cwm droid 3
boot into cwm recovery bionic
booting into clockwork from power off
droid 2 global boot inot cmw
droid bionic cold boot
droid bionic cwm recovery from off
droid x cmw from power off