Booted Droid X Cant upgrade to GB 2.3.3 (4.5.596)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidX916562, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DroidX916562

DroidX916562 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i need HELP I cannot update my rooted DX I am in a pickle. help Ok my phone is rooted thru Z4root. It was a permanent root unfortunately, well for me anyway. I am not a Tech Savy as I thought. So I obviously have decided to go this route and It is getting me very far. I tried so many sites, and youtube videos on how to upgrade my Droid X from 2.2.1 (2.3.340) to the newest version:
    2.3.3 (4.5.596) I have tried everything.
    I restored and backed my droid, but I backed it up after I did the 'perma- Root' so when I restore it goes to that point after booted. I am new to the tech abbreviates... bare with me..

anyway,

when I download the file to my SD card, I rename it as update.zip and select 'update update.zip' It fails with error message 7.. an error reading the SD card

What all APPs do I need to download (i.e. Droid2strapper.....) and also I still have the original ROM as well... what ROM do I need?

I have no booted apps/ programs installed right now, I know that my phone is perm booted because I have the SuperUser App after I did the factory/ wipeout reset.
    Do I need to wipe my S/D memory card? (just a thought, the error message stated cant read SD card)
    maybe some who has gone thru this process can help.. greatly appreciated

#1 DroidX916562, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Psyman

Psyman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you had changed your rom.. you may look for RSD lite and sbf back to stock .. I had to after partially bricking. Or using zroot, you can unroot your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so you are rooted on 2.2.1 with z4Root....if you want Gingerbread you have to install the Droid 2 Bootstrap and then download the patched method two-part zips from mydroidworld, install the two of them in succession and then you will have rooted .596 Gingerbread.

4. DroidX916562

DroidX916562 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did follow those steps. After reboot it did not read the SD card. some kind of error message 7. idk if that makes since. I will get those APPs.. lets see where this goes.. U I can unboot my phone even if Perm?

Search tags for this page
updating droid x 2.2.1

upgrade root droid x from 2.2.1