1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bootanimation

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by microsnook, Jun 23, 2010.

1. microsnook

microsnook New Member

I tried putting a custom boot animation on my BB froyo rom, but I didnt see it in /data/local.
    I saw it in /system/media, but when I pasted the new animation, it didnt work, like now I dont have a boot animation at all, its just black lol

Suggestions?
  2. Maizekidstill81

Maizekidstill81 New Member

It can actually be in any file. Either /data/local or /system/ media they both work.

it can be so many different issues. I actually made a bootanimation and went through about 50 different trial and errors. From the size of the picture to how many frames per second.

Sorry I cant be more help but check around the forum there is a whole section deticated to boot animations and how to do them. Thats how I actually got mine to finally work.
  3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

animation

just d/l another one to put there.
    Obviously that one was coded wrong for your phone :(
  4. jeffjano

jeffjano New Member

Put it under /data/local using root explorer (if you dont have it, get it. best file management app out there and worth the 2 or 3 bucks) and then open terminal emulator and use the switchboot command. You must have SU privelages.
  5. mike919

mike919 New Member

not to be snarky, but if your running BB why don't you just put a bootanimation.zip on your sd card, and type in switchboot in terminal???
  6. microsnook

microsnook New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions, I did use a boot animation and im going to try it again lol.

@mike, thought didnt cross my mind actually. *face palm* I just dont use scripts, but thanks!
Search tags for this page

synergy r484 boot animation