Boot strapper question, multiple restore points?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shankyu1985, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Shankyu1985

Shankyu1985 New Member

Is there a way to make two different restore points using boot strapper? I had this idea while I was showing off my phone to a buddy at work today. If its possible to make two separate restore points then basically you could switch back and forth between them and have two completely different themes and well everything else on your phone, even down to having two separate sets of contacts.practically making it two phones in one. Hypothetically, if you're a player like I am you could have one restore point where all your regular "safe"contacts are and then another restore point where all your "female friends" contacts are. They'd still be able to get though on either profile but their names and contact info would only show up on one... So is this at all possible with boot strapper or for that matter of fact any other app ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. wgoeken

wgoeken New Member

First, I'd like to point out that this makes you sound a bit like a less-than-respectable person, and is going to make 99% of the people that read this (like I almost did) hit the "back" button without replying.

Second, the answer is "yes and no". I don't know what you need the bootstrapper for if you're using an OG Droid; if you're not, you're in the wrong place. So "no" you can't do it with the bootstrapper (because a bootstrapper doesn't do anything but let you boot into a custom recovery). However, you CAN create two NANDROID backups in two different ROMs, and as long as they are FULL backups (including data, cache, etc.), you will essentially be in a dual-boot configuration; but keep in mind that this is a time-consuming process.
    [I haven't had a Droid since the Droid X came out, so if someone would like to correct me here if I'm wrong, please do.]

If you really must be dishonest to the women who may be digging through your phone, just save yourself a lot of hassle and keep all of their names out of your contacts list; put them all in a text file and save it on your SD card with a misleading name, such as "Christmas-Gift-Ideas.txt".
  3. Raziel36

Raziel36 New Member

For the themed part, yes, you can make multiple backups in the ClockworkMod Recovery(that bootstrap puts you in). Contacts are a different story, as they are tied to your email address. To effectively do what you want, a backup is not needed. Simply sign up for a second gmail account and save all your booty call numbers to that account, then only sign in to that account when you need a number. Or for a quicker option, just go into the Accounts and Sync settings and disable contact syncing on the booty call gmail account(can also be done from the settings within the Contacts list). Anyhow, the fact that I spent a minute thinking about how to help you be a douche is making me ill lol.. have fun.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App