1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

boot screen on mac

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hawkney911, Jan 6, 2010.

1. hawkney911

hawkney911 New Member

can someone please switch the instructions on how to add a new boot screen for a mac... I have been trying for the last 5 hrs and im now so confused

thank you sooo much
  2. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

hate to be captain obvious here but you dont have any way to access a pc, most people at least have 1 windows backup computer in case those pesky macs give you hassle
  3. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Wow really? Since people keep saying to use a virtual machine with windows or a separate PC I will try to help you out.

Firstly JHankg had some trouble getting started, but I think he eventually got it sorted out, so you could PM him and ask for help. If that doesn't work then send me a PM and we will try to sort out a time when I can try to walk you through it. I'm on linux, but for just getting adb setup and pushing a boot animation it's not that different.
  4. xboxcrazy33

xboxcrazy33 New Member

I have absolutely no problems doing it on my Mac. I can give you a step by step of how I do it if you would like. Do you have the Android SDK installed?
  5. hawkney911

hawkney911 New Member

Thanks Xbox but i ended up just doing it on a pc... Thanks for letting me know it is possible.. better that the install virtual pc coments i got on some of the other post lol

Thanks
  6. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

you know I have both and its really simple from a mac, I prefer the mac all day. mac os>windows
    let me know if you need some help
  7. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

Photoshop man.......plain and simple.